Fallout Roleplay Survey

The main problem is to create something that actually feels like being part of the fallout universe, not just some random post-nuclear stuff. And this goes far beyond naming items and characters like fallout-stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
Unique Economy - The end goal of this would be that all the money in the server would come from a central government fund, rather than coming out of thin air. (ex. When you get money after working a script job, instead of spawning the money out of nowhere, it takes money from the central government fund and gives it to the person who did the script job)
This one sounds like a bad idea. There is no real central government in the fallout universe. There are some regions that maintain their own currency, but what you wrote rather sounds like the common RP concept, and thats everything but "unique". Jobs also are a rare thing in fallout, at least jobs in the common sense.
Ive got my own fallout project, with pages of concept stuff written down. My current plans limit moneytransfers to character interactions. You get money from other characters (or loot), and nowhere else. Jobs also are limited to character interactions. You dont have a "job", unless someone gives you one (not limited to other physical players, but also NPC characters). Regional (player- or AI-led) governments are possible, but not in a way that encourages you to move in a house in that friendly town, get an ordinary job, and be happy with the money you earn. You dont need the fallout-setting for a server like that.
This is a huge topic, but I dont want to go too much into detail here
Its an extremely decentralized concept, mostly fitting to a very early point in the fallout timeline. Your concept could work if you set your server in a large community at a later time, but playing fallout in a well-organized and governed setting? Nope, this wouldnt feel right.

I like that you ask for the time setting. Seems like youre actually planning to consider that fallout universe (unless other fallout servers ive seen before). But so far it leaves me wondering if the time difference affects anything but the playable races and weapon names.

And one general suggestion. Please avoid using terms like "system" or "unique". Ive pointed out often enough why I really dislike that "terminology". In short, it gives players wrong impressions, and encourages to create a patchwork of features instead of a gameplay experience in a whole. Explain how its like to play the gamemode, dont just give a list of "systems":

Messages In This Thread
Fallout Roleplay Survey - by DTV - 02.05.2015, 20:21
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by DRUNKY - 02.05.2015, 20:35
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by MasonPlay - 02.05.2015, 22:23
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by DTV - 02.05.2015, 22:30
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by ZachKnoxx - 02.05.2015, 23:13
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by Krest - 03.05.2015, 12:10
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by DTV - 03.05.2015, 20:18
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by Mauzen - 03.05.2015, 23:45
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by DTV - 04.05.2015, 02:05
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by MattyMatty - 04.05.2015, 07:04
Re: Fallout Roleplay Survey - by Orma - 04.05.2015, 14:34