Fallout Roleplay Survey

Thanks for the input.

Done submitted mine

You will need to put allot of work into it. You will need to find a mapper who has enough motivation to complete all the maps.
I belive creating a fallout server using GTA SA city's is bad, because you already know we're all the things are, so my suggestion is creating a new big map, with several small towns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonPlay
View Post
You will need to put allot of work into it. You will need to find a mapper who has enough motivation to complete all the maps.
I belive creating a fallout server using GTA SA city's is bad, because you already know we're all the things are, so my suggestion is creating a new big map, with several small towns.
I plan on basing it in Bone County as making a entire new map would not only be a big undertaking, but potential bugs will crop up that are near impossible to fix (ex. falling through the objects as they don't load in time.)

This is a great idea but I could see this looking a lot like DayZ and not enough fallout. Good luck with this though.

Instead of unique system here, unique system there, why dont you give an explanation? What do you mean by unique economy, unique scavenging etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
View Post
Instead of unique system here, unique system there, why dont you give an explanation? What do you mean by unique economy, unique scavenging etc?
Unique Scavenging - The system would be based on picking up actual items (objects) within the world, pretty self explanatory once you know this part.

Unique Environment - Basically mapping out the area that the server would take place in so that it feels like a different area.

Unique Town - More or less a system that allows players to govern towns w/out the use of the script, but something that would be forum related. (ex. Making laws for that town, posting bounties, etc.)

Unique Races - Being able to play as certain races other than human (ex. Android, Ghoul, etc.)

Unique Economy - The end goal of this would be that all the money in the server would come from a central government fund, rather than coming out of thin air. (ex. When you get money after working a script job, instead of spawning the money out of nowhere, it takes money from the central government fund and gives it to the person who did the script job)

The main problem is to create something that actually feels like being part of the fallout universe, not just some random post-nuclear stuff. And this goes far beyond naming items and characters like fallout-stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
Unique Economy - The end goal of this would be that all the money in the server would come from a central government fund, rather than coming out of thin air. (ex. When you get money after working a script job, instead of spawning the money out of nowhere, it takes money from the central government fund and gives it to the person who did the script job)
This one sounds like a bad idea. There is no real central government in the fallout universe. There are some regions that maintain their own currency, but what you wrote rather sounds like the common RP concept, and thats everything but "unique". Jobs also are a rare thing in fallout, at least jobs in the common sense.
Ive got my own fallout project, with pages of concept stuff written down. My current plans limit moneytransfers to character interactions. You get money from other characters (or loot), and nowhere else. Jobs also are limited to character interactions. You dont have a "job", unless someone gives you one (not limited to other physical players, but also NPC characters). Regional (player- or AI-led) governments are possible, but not in a way that encourages you to move in a house in that friendly town, get an ordinary job, and be happy with the money you earn. You dont need the fallout-setting for a server like that.
This is a huge topic, but I dont want to go too much into detail here
Its an extremely decentralized concept, mostly fitting to a very early point in the fallout timeline. Your concept could work if you set your server in a large community at a later time, but playing fallout in a well-organized and governed setting? Nope, this wouldnt feel right.

I like that you ask for the time setting. Seems like youre actually planning to consider that fallout universe (unless other fallout servers ive seen before). But so far it leaves me wondering if the time difference affects anything but the playable races and weapon names.

And one general suggestion. Please avoid using terms like "system" or "unique". Ive pointed out often enough why I really dislike that "terminology". In short, it gives players wrong impressions, and encourages to create a patchwork of features instead of a gameplay experience in a whole. Explain how its like to play the gamemode, dont just give a list of "systems":

Quote:

This one sounds like a bad idea. There is no real central government in the fallout universe. There are some regions that maintain their own currency, but what you wrote rather sounds like the common RP concept, and thats everything but "unique". Jobs also are a rare thing in fallout, at least jobs in the common sense.

When I said "central government", that was just a broad term just to explain the system. An example of a "central government" is like the NCR within the New Vegas area. They have a lot of the area under their control, so they've set up NCR laws, you can become an NCR citizen, etc.

Quote:

My current plans limit moneytransfers to character interactions.

I also agree with the money transferring to be just between players rather than working a job to get some money, but people don't always seem to agree with that idea of having to interact with players to get money from them (at least the noobs anyways).

Quote:

Please avoid using terms like "system" or "unique".

I couldn't think of any other words to describe it :/

Thanks for your input though, every bit helps

-In the fallout server you should have caps instead of $
-Make nuka cola vending machines.
-Make quests with interactive NPCs. <--- You Must. (also enemy npcs, raiders, ghouls...)
-Make a radioactivity system where the sea can get you health but also rads when you drink it,with certain areas that are radioactive, having a lot of rads would slow you down, buyable radX etc from a merchant with a cow that goes around town :P.
-Instant teleport to areas you have discovered. <--- only if its going to be on-foot only.
-Cars that are fitting for the time before the apocalype (bandito,hotknife,hustler,rustler,freeway) and a huge amount of things that have to be collected in order for these to work.
-EXP & SPECIAL stats system.
-Saved position when you leave so you can restart from the same position when you come back.
-Pip-Boy 3000 with available music,stats, current radioactivity,maybe world chat etc.
-Karma system. (players can give each other karma points, a player can give 1+ karma point or 2- karma point, the amount of karma points that they can give daily depends on their level?
-Trading between players

About races I would support it only if its for humans so "Vault boy/girl (for starting neutral karma) "Talon Company (for bad karma)" and "Regulators" (for good karma), each of them could have bonuses like Talon company gets more damage on ak47,bombs etc regulators get more bonus on m4,satchels...

About the features I agree with:
Unique Scavenging System
House/Business/Vehicle Ownership <--- No Business,only house and vehicle
Unique Environment <----- of course, you could remodel bone county
Dynamic Events (ex. Drought hits, shortage of water results for 1 month ((1 week))) <--- depends on how long they last and what they are about...If its only droughts for 3+ days or more in real life then I wouldnt like this...
Unique Town System <--- sure why not, for the talon company, regulators and a vault for those vault britches
Unique Race System (ex. Ability to play as a Super Mutant) <----- just humans please
Unique Economy System <--- I dont really understand how there would be an economy...

I like the idea of a unique race system. If my memory serves correctly Super Mutants are actually more intelligent than average humans, if not a lot more primal/territorial and of-course much more able-bodied.

Only other race I can imagine you adding is Ghouls. Unless you fancy writing the lore for sapient Mirelurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma
View Post
I like the idea of a unique race system. If my memory serves correctly Super Mutants are actually more intelligent than average humans, if not a lot more primal/territorial and of-course much more able-bodied.

Only other race I can imagine you adding is Ghouls. Unless you fancy writing the lore for sapient Mirelurks
Super Mutants, most of the ones you see anyways, are actually dumb and don't think things through. There are some that are smarter than regular Super Mutants and even smarter than humans, but they were created when The Master was still alive and about. Once he died, the smart ones that were left were the only smart Super Mutants to be.

Hey sent you a PM come join my team, we have VPS, forums, teamspeak, scripter, mappers, admins, beta testers
Gamemode is like 80% done as is the entire map (were only using bayside to LV)
Mapping has been headed by me and a select team and is "top notch"
Scripting is now being done by Godex who is pretty good at scripting
- he could use some support though and an extra set of hands to help build things.

Food & Drink system
Radiation
Jobs
Scavenging
NO Vehicles (donation ONLY) and fuel is gonna be REALLY expensive / hard to find
Lots of NPC Bot Civilians for immersion
Custom Fallout music
Ghoul Bots
Fallout style intro and Reg

These are just some of the things we already have / plan to develop

see here for some Screenshots
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=573058

or like us on FB
https://www.********.com/pages/XenoP...75084909269400

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
Super Mutants, most of the ones you see anyways, are actually dumb and don't think things through. There are some that are smarter than regular Super Mutants and even smarter than humans, but they were created when The Master was still alive and about. Once he died, the smart ones that were left were the only smart Super Mutants to be.
Knew I was missing something. Thanks for the info!

Bethesda are announcing something in the RPG section in this years E3. FO4 hype train boarding!

Quote:

hey sent you a PM come join my team, we have VPS, forums, teamspeak, scripter, mappers, admins, beta testers
Gamemode is like 80% done as is the entire map (were only using bayside to LV)
Mapping has been headed by me and a select team and is "top notch"
Scripting is now being done by Godex who is pretty good at scripting
- he could use some support though and an extra set of hands to help build things.

Food & Drink system
Radiation
Jobs
Scavenging
NO Vehicles (donation ONLY) and fuel is gonna be REALLY expensive / hard to find
Lots of NPC Bot Civilians for immersion
Custom Fallout music
Ghoul Bots
Fallout style intro and Reg

These are just some of the things we already have / plan to develop

see here for some Screenshots
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=573058

or like us on FB
https://www.********.com/pages/XenoP...75084909269400

<3

Why is there a food/drink system is it related to hunger/thirst where you can starve?
I dont think I saw that in Fallout 3, foods and drinks were mostly used for health there...

And what jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMatty
View Post
Why is there a food/drink system is it related to hunger/thirst where you can starve?
I dont think I saw that in Fallout 3, foods and drinks were mostly used for health there...

And what jobs?

Dude goto nexus mods and MOD your Fallout lol.. also in FO NV there was food/drink and need for survival
(put it in hardcore mode)

Jobs, look i dont want to give too much away but there will be a selection of ways to make bottle caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
I plan on basing it in Bone County as making a entire new map would not only be a big undertaking, but potential bugs will crop up that are near impossible to fix (ex. falling through the objects as they don't load in time.)
Not really true, I made a 2km x 1.5km island with GTA objects (not in future style tho) which has no loading issues at all. Ofc there were glitches but when mapping carefully and running a lot of tests you should be able to fill holes etc.
Just a good draw distance measure needed Hint: modelsizes.inc

Apart from mapping the stuff (doesnt matter if self made island or bone county) you will definitely at least need someone to create textures that actually look like future.

Without that, I can hardly see a nice athmosphere to come up.

Or: Get veery creative with SetObjectMaterial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
Not really true, I made a 2km x 1.5km island with GTA objects (not in future style tho) which has no loading issues at all.
That doesn't fix potential shitty internet connections however.