A little tip for Roleplay Servers

Quite simply, I've seen no RP server get the economy right without boring, endless grinding. This is because they are anxious that if they set the wage for jobs over $1000, players will be a rich guy quickly. no.

Let's take this for example (car prices):

Sadler $16400
PCJ500 $8550
Infernus $72500

These are pretty realistic prices for a brand new vehicle, right? Well, it looks ridiculous when you make $200 per run doing jobs around the city. You do the job - you need to wait like 15 minutes to make another $200. So if you're making $200 every 15 minutes, that's only $800 an hour.. So you'd need to work like 15 hours in IRL time to buy earn $8550, to buy the cheapast vehicle. That's where it's wrong.

So, what I'm trying to say is, payments on servers are far too low, and players get bored and leave. Work out what the incentive is for jobs, and reward a player a good amount of money for it.

Yeah, there's so many servers with a sucky economy, like 15M for an Infernus.
I agree with the car prices. But not just cars.

Houses, weapons, businesses etc.

Though many server owners will read this, they will not act.

Sure thing about not acting.

I just used cars as an exzample btw

If you have an infernus at a cheaper rate of, say $400,000, then everyone would own one. No economy is perfect. Also, people tend to stick to what they are used to. For example, I had a trucking job that took about 15 minutes and earned $600 (Which I thought was pretty fair, considering you could buy a business as low as 15k at the time), and people complained it was too low.

The endless grinding to control a bunch of pixels representing a vehicle is just outright boring for me.. When I started roleplaying in 2009 it was a different story, I was over-excited when I sold my first gun on the streets, I remember having sweaty hands by smuggling illegal stuff, afraid to get caught by the police... Good times..

I think in GTA a vehicle is pretty much needed. Just give players enough money to buy their basic stuff, including one of the cheapest cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mado
View Post
The endless grinding to control a bunch of pixels representing a vehicle is just outright boring for me.. When I started roleplaying in 2009 it was a different story, I was over-excited when I sold my first gun on the streets, I remember having sweaty hands by smuggling illegal stuff, afraid to get caught by the police... Good times..

I think in GTA a vehicle is pretty much needed. Just give players enough money to buy their basic stuff, including one of the cheapest cars.
Well, I don't think they should spawn with like 15 grand, but if the jobs had a fair and rewarding payout it would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
View Post
If you have an infernus at a cheaper rate of, say $400,000, then everyone would own one. No economy is perfect. Also, people tend to stick to what they are used to. For example, I had a trucking job that took about 15 minutes and earned $600 (Which I thought was pretty fair, considering you could buy a business as low as 15k at the time), and people complained it was too low.
Well no because you could easily regulate it by taking an extended car test that costs a lot of money in order to drive/buy supercars. You could also implement a very expensive insurance, like you'd need to pay in real life.

I dont play on roleplay servers but the most annoying thing I stumbled upon was a server which had a test about "do you know basic roleplay features metagaming powergaming etc" without even explaining what it was first, this of course really fucks up those who have never roleplayed before because they have to search for it on ****** or something before they get the test right and that is too annoying so they give up...

What im saying is if you have a " basic roleplay test" then you should also explain what is what before the players take the test, that way you would have more players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMatty
View Post
I dont play on roleplay servers but the most annoying thing I stumbled upon was a server which had a test about "do you know basic roleplay features metagaming powergaming etc" without even explaining what it was first, this of course really fucks up those who have never roleplayed before because they have to search for it on ****** or something before they get the test right and that is too annoying so they give up...

What im saying is if you have a " basic roleplay test" then you should also explain what is what before the players take the test, that way you would have more players...
Well, if a server has expectations to keep up then they want people who already know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMatty
View Post

Most of the Roleplay servers have information about it on the forums.

Quote:

Well, if a server has expectations to keep up then they want people who already know the rules.

Then why not explain to the players that want to roleplay but dont know how to before they enter the game?

Quote:

Most of the Roleplay servers have information about it on the forums.

Information about roleplay should be on the start of the server for easier access.
I know I would be too lazy to know roleplay rules if I got on the server...