What features do you expect as a VIP player on a server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
View Post
It looks pretty retarded. I might delete it lol but I liked what I said.

Well, if a server is relying on donations so heavily then they obviously lack the funding to pay for it -- they shouldn't be making a server
That makes absolutely no sense

They can't survive without donations so instead of using donations as a solution they should just stop? Alright....

Running a server is not cheap. Of course you can rent a 50 slots at www.anysampserverhost.com for 4 dollars per month, a 20 slots teamspeak server and use a cracked vB license or free PhpBB license on your www.yourownfreeshittywebsite.com, but that's not how the big servers do it.

Beside that it's the popularity among players what makes a server good or bad. If players dislike a server and nobody donates the server will also stop.

Just because communities have donations doesn't mean they cant pay for their service but they use it to assist them payig for their service. If you are opening a SAMP server just to get money you might aswell just go find a job in the real life. What I would expect if I donated, things like BMX access, Job cooldowns removed/decreased, perhaps a paycheck bonus, access to donator chat, special forum rank and a team speak channel.

Why should donators get the BMX and players don't? In that case, players that come here and want to RP someone who takes interest in BMX bikes, would need to pay in order to do so. Job cooldowns, paycheck bonuses are all things that drive donating away from supporting the community and gear it towards pay 2 win. Forum ranks, teamspeak channels and special chats are all fine.

How do P2W games and DLC work? You pay to unlock extras.
Same way donating works on SA-MP.

Servers actually have donator 'ranks' where you pay a fee of cash to unlock more features. NGG is a brilliant example of this. You can actually pay for custom features, which is probably why I'll never go there for a good experience. I go there to goof around, because everyone has donator and you can go up to people and ask them for donator weapons

That's my opinion.

@Mado - If you're opening a server looking for donations you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

@sammp - A better question would be: Why should normal players get the exact same features as very important players? Why do you think they are called that anyway?

For instance: Are VIP members treated the same way as normal people? I don't think so.

VIP ranks and features are in someway a thank you gift for helping out.

Small features at most, SickAttack. Nothing bizzare like Spawning constantly with full armour and guns, vehicles that players cannot get (such as NRG500 or hotring).

In freeroam and DM servers, I understand by giving them nice things that others can't. But when it comes down to roleplay (which i should have said i was talking about), giving them things normal people cannot get is unrealistic and unfair. And guess what, RP servers only work if they're fair. That's why your "REFUNDING $3000000" servers don't work - because they're getting everything they want, serving the "role" no "play".

I often only donate on roleplaying servers and I donate so that I can avoid working and start roleplaying straight away. If I'd be able to choose I'd prefer to donate on a server that'd give me $1.000 each payday (infinitely) instead of getting $1.000.000 instantly. I could also donate for something like a donator vehicle in order to start a faction I want to start (currently I love starting separatist movements which means I use Flatbeds).

By the way - I find using the term Very Important Players for people who have donated as disrespectful towards people who have not. They should instead be called Donators because that's what they are. I wouldn't donate on servers that use the term VIP for people who have donated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corne
View Post
I often only donate on roleplaying servers and I donate so that I can avoid working and start roleplaying straight away. If I'd be able to choose I'd prefer to donate on a server that'd give me $1.000 each payday (infinitely) instead of getting $1.000.000 instantly. I could also donate for something like a donator vehicle in order to start a faction I want to start (currently I love starting separatist movements which means I use Flatbeds).

By the way - I find using the term Very Important Players for people who have donated as disrespectful towards people who have not. They should instead be called Donators because that's what they are. I wouldn't donate on servers that use the term VIP for people who have donated.
You wouldn't need to spend money if servers got the price ratios right.

Like, if you're making $253 each IRL hour, and the cheapest car is $25000, it's almost like GTA Online lol. Endless grinding.

Where it works is the balance between effort and reward.

So, if the cheapest car is $25000, I'd expect a personal allowance $1000 per IRL hour, on top of what jobs I do, so I can easily and quickly make money and a good experience. However, if one is in a faction, remove that $1000 personal allowance as they'll be making a bigger wage. So in your case, corne, this would benefit you as you wouldn't need to pay to quickly get good roleplay

So my tip to anyone that is making a server is to probably learn where the sweet spot is for your economy. A Sadler being 75 thousand is ridiculous when you're scratching a living.