Function SetActorHealth and GetActorHealth

Kalcor: Is it possible to make a function like SetActorHealth and GetActorHealth? Otherwise fix the parachute/fire extinguisher bug please because players will be able to kill the Actors.

Admigo

As far as I understood the new actors they are very minimalistic and mostly client-sided. Messing around with their health would mean that additional stuff has to be synced, hits have to be detected, etc, which rather turns them into normal NPCs. I dont think that the idea behind actors is to have normal NPCs and almost-NPCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
As far as I understood the new actors they are very minimalistic and mostly client-sided. Messing around with their health would mean that additional stuff has to be synced, hits have to be detected, etc, which rather turns them into normal NPCs. I dont think that the idea behind actors is to have normal NPCs and almost-NPCs
I understand, but there is a way players can kill the actors by hitting them with a fire extinguisher/parachute.
This should get fixed otherwise players will abuse this.

Post #1900!

You can do this already the only issue is how health gain/loss is determined.

If there is a callback for them getting hit, you can just count their helth yourself in a float.

I think we should be abble to attach them objects, we can attach objects into other objects, into players, into vehicles, but not in actors?

Personally just add a GetPlayerTargetActor function and allow us control over their health. That for a good scripter is way more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
Personally just add a GetPlayerTargetActor function and allow us control over their health. That for a good scripter is way more than enough.
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/GetPlayerCameraTargetActor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
Completely, I agree with this!