Q: How do I know if someone is using Aimbot?

Hi everyone,

I have a question and I've been wondering. Let's say I'm playing in some servers, and how do I know if that player is using aimbot? No, this is not related with Aimbot detection script. Just asking how do I know it with my own eyes?

If the person doesn't miss a single shot, and the bullet is often shot at his teammembers too, than he's using a aimbot. But, smart aimbots, and new hacks are increasing day-by-day. So, be careful. If you're an admin and want to check, then /spec him, and record his fight. Then, you can study: that he's using aimbot or not.

What a basic (aim)bot CAN do:
- Aim directly at it's target, only requiring the player to press a button to shoot
- Aimbots can also miss, therefor they're used when the tee doesn't move much

What a basic (aim)bot CAN'T do:
- Use the bounce of the laser
- Do advanced movements with rope
- Shoot faster, run faster or jump higher

So now we know what could be marked as an aimbot, what behavior should alarm us?
- Players that show a significant better aim when defending then when offending
- Players that try to minimize movement while defending
- Players that hit with every shot they fire
- (Occasionally) people openly giving hints or trying to aggravate you to face their automated powers

Please note that these points of behavior singled out don't say anything about a player, but a combination of the first 3 behavioral signs could indicate the presence of an aimbot. Therefor I would like to inform you about how to behave when having a strong indication of an aimbot:
- Explain aimbots aren't fair to other players and make him very disrespectful in the community
- Try to ignore his automated powers and use your real skill to show him what it's all about
- If all else fails, disconnect your current server and try another one
- If you care enough: report the player to the server administrators, and possible online blacklists like this one. If you're detection was correct there might be a possibility for them to take permanent action against these bots.

Source: Some website.. I don't actually remember, but my friend gave this tutorial to me, so I'm giving this to you. Enjoy!

Thanks, potassium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrame
Посмотреть сообщение
- Aim directly at it's target, only requiring the player to press a button to shoot

So now we know what could be marked as an aimbot, what behavior should alarm us?
- (Occasionally) people openly giving hints or trying to aggravate you to face their automated powers

Please note that these points of behavior singled out don't say anything about a player, but a combination of the first 3 behavioral signs could indicate the presence of an aimbot. Therefor I would like to inform you about how to behave when having a strong indication of an aimbot:
- Explain aimbots aren't fair to other players and make him very disrespectful in the community
- Try to ignore his automated powers and use your real skill to show him what it's all about
- If you care enough: report the player to the server administrators, and possible online blacklists like this one. If you're detection was correct there might be a possibility for them to take permanent action against these bots.

Source: Some website.. I don't actually remember, but my friend gave this tutorial to me, so I'm giving this to you. Enjoy!
you just copied this straight off another game forum, even the bbcodes are identical. good old friend excuse eh

If you have a headshot system that could be a clue aswell, most aimbots target the stomach since It's a more solid target. (many kills few headshots could indicate aimbot)