Suggestion for the forums

Currently, the SA:MP forums enforce a 2-minute waiting period between posts. While this is good and makes people think about what they post and prevent spam at the same time, this also has a downside which I regularly experience myself.

When on the SA:MP forums, I mostly have limited time to respond to scripting or server help threads. Most of the time I make a quick visit to these boards while having a break or something like that. During that time, I want to respond to a few threads in a short amount of time, in an effort to help the people that posted topics in there.

The current system prevents me from doing so. My suggestion is to lift this system for people with, let's say, a reputation of 10-20 and higher.

Any feedback or different ideas? I'd love to hear from other members of the community.

Yeah, agreed.

They don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
View Post
Any feedback or different ideas? I'd love to hear from other members of the community.
Yes, we need spoiler bbcode, its quite annoying when you open some topic and the huge images just rape the screen, so i really would like to see [SPOILER][/SPOILER] BBCode on sa-mp forums:

Change the theme for God's sake...This one looks like we're back in the '90s.

Quote:

What's wrong with the 90's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B
View Post
I like the theme overall, it just needs some rounding up to make everything look less "blocky" and some new styles.

I've actually never encountered a 2-minute waiting period. I agree with the spoiler and theme, though.

It used to be four minutes and after much persuasion we got it down to 2 minutes, but it won't go any lower than that. By default in vBulletin, there is no option to set different anti-spam-timers for different groups (ranks) of users - it would require modifications to the forum which dugi has told me they don't want to do.

It would be great, but likely won't happen.

Quote:
View Post
Why do u care about the theme?
it's just forums u know.. it's not a game or smth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossy42O
View Post
wut? Do you know, what you're saying? Anyways, yes, I do agree, that the 2 minute wait-period, is more. But, as Potassium said, it was 4 minutes before, and now after negotiations, it's 2 minutes now, and it can't be decreased now. Bro, you can do nothing, just wait for 2 mins.. Let me end it with a quote: Time and tide waits for none. So, just wait. Preserve some time, and manage a 2-minutes-period, and do it everyday. That will make you learn "Time management". Good luck. I know, I'm a newbie, but still, I'm not a kid, so I can express my opinion.

You aren't the President of the United States with a full agenda; just wait two minutes, it's just two minutes!

update vbulletin to 4 or 5, would be nice

Updating it to vbulletin 5 would be great..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossy42O
View Post
Because this one has noting related to SA-MP except the logo.
No wonder people preffer playing MTA.

Quote:
View Post
Because this one has noting related to SA-MP except the logo.
No wonder people preffer playing MTA.
Are you serious? Have you seen MTA's forum before? It's the ugliest forum theme I have seen so far. It doesn't have anything related to MTA either, it's just blue, blue, everywhere.

It's 90s, huh. 1999, to be exact.

I have no idea why I'm thinking that the reason specified is lame..

I agree with the OP. And by the way, do not update the forum to vbulletin 5 as it's the worse release ever! Vbulletin 4 or xenforo would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamsP
View Post
I agree with the OP. And by the way, do not update the forum to vbulletin 5 as it's the worse release ever! Vbulletin 4 or xenforo would be great.
Nice bump m8.

Also this server needs to change somehow because of how long this forums withstand VBulletin for a long period of time.