GTX 970 or R9 290X for gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
I have always preferred AMD over nVidia, and I'm also going to recommend R9 290X. It's not about fandom, but call me crazy, nVidia fans are more into that whole "buy nVidia because it rox" thing.
Same here it's funny how people say the AMD cards overheat that's a BS i have a amd 7770 and never gets higher then 41*C so them who say it dose overheat make sure you have good fans.

I had a GTX 550 Ti overclocked PNY got broken within a few weeks the heat sink packed in so i was getting tons of flicker on the screen.

Seriously it wouldnt really matter as long you getting good FPS 60+ overlock 10% AMD R9 280 is seriously cheap on amazon and worth buying seriously it's really a powerful graphics card better then the GTX 970 shit because you paying like 100 more for the same specs nearly.

Am getting this graphics card next week.
here is the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

GTX 970 according to GPU Boss: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-29...eForce-GTX-970
****** is your friend Use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy0wns
Посмотреть сообщение
Why don't you just explain what's wrong with AMD then? I've been using AMD for years and haven't found a single issue yet.
I've had nothing with trouble with AMD and their driver update program (forgot what it is called) is horrible. Their desktop GPUs also generally run hotter and consume more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonia5
Посмотреть сообщение
i have a amd 7770 and never gets higher then 41*C
Idle temps, seriously? For comparison, my GTX 760 runs at 30°C in idle, 70°C under full load (GTA V).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I've had nothing with trouble with AMD and their driver update program (forgot what it is called) is horrible. Their desktop GPUs also generally run hotter and consume more power.

Idle temps, seriously? For comparison, my GTX 760 runs at 30°C in idle, 70°C under full load (GTA V).
Mine Idle temps, around 20*C or 30*C when playing games on full high settings at around 30 or 40 FPS i get around 41*C i have tested the card and everything it wouldn't go higher then 51*C. obviously yours is a higher end when i get my card next week i will test it. & see how it work's out but seriously for the price of that card (GTX 760) just NOPE! and then again temps, will go higher depending on your cooling.

Yet again the card is amazing perfectly runs high settings great but i rather pick AMD all day long because am to sacred of going back to GTX from what happend to my other graphics card was a big shock for me.

LOL i was trying to run GTA V but sadly at the moment i have a 1:GB graphics card which is shit and out of date i just can't wait till test it and see how much (FPS) i get within that game.

GTA V - AMD 7770 1:GB 20 to 30 FPS. high settings no MX AA or whatever it is.

You can't really compare heat of two cards unless you're trying them both in the same system. Keep in mind, a smaller case will run hotter, more/less components will add more heat to the cards. I do however know, my 270x idles at 18-20 degrees fully stock, and ramps up to about 50 degrees. At the same time though, I have a water cooled CPU, a full tower and two 140mm fans blowing air into the case. Its actually cooler in the case than it is in the room.

Obviously others would have drastic changes in temps, depending on how their systems are built. So like I said, its not really fair to go comparing heat output between your gpus when chances are your systems are completely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
I do however know, my 270x idles at 18-20 degrees fully stock, and ramps up to about 50 degrees. At the same time though, I have a water cooled CPU, a full tower and two 140mm fans blowing air into the case. Its actually cooler in the case than it is in the room.
Fans do not cool the air at all, nor does a watercooling cool down anything below room temperature (unless its cooling tower got a heat exchanger and not just fans or passive coolers). Fans just move the air, blowing away the warmer air to let the heatspreaders spread the heat more efficiently. No matter how big the fan is, it wont ever cool down anything below the rooms air temperature.

Take GTX 970. Support NVIDIA. AMD can't even do a proper CPU. Here are some proofs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartekdvd
Посмотреть сообщение
AMD can't even do a proper CPU
Nor do NVIDIA make desktop CPU's

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdwUsalwBJ8[/ame]

My 6950 which is now unlocked to a full 6970, has quite a hefty voltage bump(1.1v to 1.21v) and quite the overclock on it from stock and it NEVER goes above 70c in gaming and stress testing and even if it does touch 70c it's only for a second or so and it always hovers around mid-high 60's..

Fan profiles make quite the difference people in your temperatures and all that is done on a bloody reference cooler, keep it dust free and have a semi-decent case and you won't have any problems and no it's not like a jet engine the sound of the cooler blend's in with my case fan's so all it does is amplify the sound of my Case fans.

Get over the day's of thinking every AMD card overheat's this isn't the ATI 4870, 4890, 4870 X2 era anymore people.

Nvidia4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
Nvidia4Ever
Fag Fanboy detected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
Fag Fanboy detected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone