4k resolution rendering bug

I know that most people here can't even run the game at 60 FPS let alone at 4k resolution. However at 4k resolution, there is a 3D text rendering bug which makes them extremely small compared to other text. This bug occurs for death messages (F9), 3D texts and name tags at far distances. This isn't a priority bug fix (far from!) but I just wanted to report this for solitude's sake.

The infamous bug:

You can open the image in a new window to see what I mean in further detail: http://i.imgur.com/W80MIkq.jpg

Anyway, rock on with the update baby!

GTA SA was never designed to handle 4k resolutions, and I doubt that anyone would've thought that anyone would try run SAMP in an equal resolution.

Oh, and how much FPS are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
GTA SA was never designed to handle 4k resolutions, and I doubt that anyone would've thought that anyone would try run SAMP in an equal resolution.
Nor was it designed to run 1080p or have any proper wide-screen. But that didn't stop people from creating patches to make the game work properly. There have been a number of people run at 4k. Also samp has optimised the scoreboard to work differently based on resolution. Now this can easily be fixed by samp devs as soon as 4k becomes mainstream just like 1080p did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo9655
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, and how much FPS are you getting?
The FPS isn't bugged but for your general knowledge, I capped the game at 54 FPS (I am sure I can run it at much much higher FPS since it's a GTX 780 SLI SC prepared for last night's GTA V PC release fiesta!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
Nor was it designed to run 1080p or have any proper wide-screen. But that didn't stop people from creating patches to make the game work properly. There have been a number of people run at 4k. Also samp has optimised the scoreboard to work differently based on resolution. Now this can easily be fixed by samp devs as soon as 4k becomes mainstream just like 1080p did.
The game works perfectly fine, it's just player names and 3D text are extremely small. The tab, chat etc is perfectly sized. It's a minor issue since my GFX can upscale the 1080p quite nicely.