Tracker (IP)

Hello lads
I'm just having a trouble with tracking down some ip address, i really want to know the exact location of a person but whenever i use http://www.ip-tracker.org/ or some other local ip tracker it shows the same location mostly, i assume it must be the wrong location. How could i get the exact location and area with someones IP, i dont think some local website could find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Works fine with mine. Gave me my area that I live in.

You can't get someone's EXACT location with an IP, most of the times it's off by a couple of miles. The only way to get the exact location it's requesting it from their ISP provider with a really good reason, but you most likely won't get it, even the police needs a warrant for information like this.

IP trackers don't track someone's exact location. It tracks the location of the ISP, which owns that specific IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
IP trackers don't track someone's exact location. It tracks the location of the ISP, which owns that specific IP.
This. If you want address of the client, you better know someone at that ISP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
The ISPs central office usually is hundreds of miles away from the clients. Usually the geolocation data comes from a database that stores the location of the ip subnet. That database is partially publicly available, but not 100% exact. To fill missing gaps in the database you can trace the route to the ip and simply get the location of the latest known node. The geolocation data for node ips probably is much more precise than that of ISP client ip ranges.

I think it's better to use who.is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
I think it's better to use who.is
That's quite shit. Says I'm in Hayes, which is roughly 30 minutes from my actual location.