Why is there no SAMP Linux Server x64?

This might sound like a stupid question, but i was just wondering...
I went to http://www.sa-mp.com/download.php
And in the downloads section for servers I see
"Windows Server" and
"Linux Server x32"
So the simple question arises, why is there only a 32bit server and not a 64bit one?

Why would it need to be? It won't run faster and it's not like it needs to address a huge amount of RAM.

Coming to the main question, from which that question arose:
When I tried to start the server on my Linux x64 machine, it said "no such file or directory", when clearly my file did exist.
The command I used was " nohup ./samp03svr & "
Which cant be wrong cause I crosschecked it with an article at wiki.sa-mp.com which states the same.
A friend of mine told me that its because I tried to run a x32 file on a x64 machine, which I didnt believe, cause in my opinion AFAIK x32 should run on x64, but not the other way round.
But I couldn't find any other way to get it running. Thats why I asked if there is a 64 bit version.
So any ideas on what could be wrong? And how i could make it work?
Could I be missing some libraries that are required?

You need to get ia32-libs, search ****** for info about it.

theres no 64 bit windows server either, its a 32 bit program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
You need to get ia32-libs, search ****** for info about it.
Apparently ia32-libs is obsolete
They say that lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 are replacements for it
Though even after installing those I get the same error. Any ideas?

@dugi can I get some help here?

keep it simple, ia32-libs is fine, is just for sa-mp [create a different user name for it and limit permissions to the outside].

Quote:

The command I used was " nohup ./samp03svr & "

(this command is for debian base servers [ubuntu is fine, not centos])

you need to be inside the folder where the sa-mp server is /cd directory/here/sa-mp/?
and you FIRST must edit the config files before starting server.
as you understand linux more there is more linux things in wiki to help u with crash and auto restarter but you can worry about that later.

P.S. My servers and other little projects run on 32bit and 64bit servers, sa-mp will always run on 32bit, u can always have all the ram you want in your linux for your other things, don't worry about what sa-mp will need and only focus on what it will use. You'll be fine.

Hi Tenshi,
First off, I am using Ubuntu 14.04
Secondly, because I'm using Ubuntu 14.04, it doesnt let me install ia32-libs stating it is obsolete
It says that lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0 are the replacements for it
And when I install them, the error persists
The command was what I used on my Ubuntu so thats fine
I was in the same folder, and I did edit the config, etc.
I actually even double tapped TAB after writing part of the filename to make sure its in the same directory.
And evv

Like I said you have to use ****** to find out how to install it, obviously you haven't done it because it's literally the first result it gives you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ts-trusty-tahr

Most likely you need to get lib32stdc++6