Hey all! I'd just like some help with scripting, I've recently started and i do not know alot at all.. I've done a register system but i'd like to know how to make it so it gives you 3 warnings then it kicks you if you think you can help please comment below or add my skype: mrcurtis888
Thanks.

Since you've done the login system already and most likely have your enums and arrays set up. All you really need to do is when they try to log in increment a variable and then check it against itself. If it's above or equal to the amount of attempts they can have, kick them.

Well, firstly are you using MySQL or Y_ini or Dini? or what?
If you are using Y_Ini you can create a "Warning" Enum.
then you would find ways to edit the enum or in this case find reasons, anyway there is many tutorials on the forum for Y_Ini or take a look at some Admin filterscripts with y_ini to get a general idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ABK]Antonio
Посмотреть сообщение
Since you've done the login system already and most likely have your enums and arrays set up. All you really need to do is when they try to log in increment a variable and then check it against itself. If it's above or equal to the amount of attempts they can have, kick them.
I've only got dialogues, Not a login system, I don't get it at all. ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjahZ
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, firstly are you using MySQL or Y_ini or Dini? or what?
If you are using Y_Ini you can create a "Warning" Enum.
then you would find ways to edit the enum or in this case find reasons, anyway there is many tutorials on the forum for Y_Ini or take a look at some Admin filterscripts with y_ini to get a general idea.
A saving system is not needed for a warning system. It's only needed for loading their data or saving their data in this case. All a warning system is, is variable manipulation. If you're saving the amount of warnings there's something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFoxTheRoleplayer
Посмотреть сообщение
On your response, when you check their password add onto it a warning variable (for the player). If their password was wrong, increment that variable (++), then check to see if it's >= the max warning amount. If it is, kick the player, otherwise show them the dialog again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFoxTheRoleplayer
Посмотреть сообщение
Well if you have the Dialog's, you have done the start, which is better than nothing.
You just need to create the mechanics of it, to be honest like I said y_ini is a good starting point.
again Tutorials are everywhere for this.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well if you have the Dialog's, you have done the start, which is better than nothing.
You just need to create the mechanics of it, to be honest like I said y_ini is a good starting point.
again Tutorials are everywhere for this.
Do you have skype? You could help me on there if you like

im thinking of opening a server but i cant script for my life xD

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
A saving system is not needed for a warning system. It's only needed for loading their data or saving their data in this case. All a warning system is, is variable manipulation. If you're saving the amount of warnings there's something wrong.

On your response, when you check their password add onto it a warning variable (for the player). If their password was wrong, increment that variable (++), then check to see if it's >= the max warning amount. If it is, kick the player, otherwise show them the dialog again.
You are quite right there, but lets try this, if he has checked for warnings from an enum you can continue to check the IP with the warnings, if its the same ip, it would be able to take the current amount of warnings.
eg: Tried to login 2 times and failed the password.(2 Warnings)
*disconnects*
Tries again to login 1 time and failed the password (3 Warnings)
*kick*
else if the ip is different (which I know is abuse able) but there are other ways around that again.
storing the variable is always a good thing.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You are quite right there, but lets try this, if he has checked for warnings from an enum you can continue to check the IP with the warnings, if its the same ip, it would be able to take the current amount of warnings.
eg: Tried to login 2 times and failed the password.(2 Warnings)
*disconnects*
Tries again to login 1 time and failed the password (3 Warnings)
*kick*
else if the ip is different (which I know is abuse able) but there are other ways around that again.
storing the variable is always a good thing.
It's really not a problem though, if they aren't getting it what's the big deal? Saving it to a file is more usage than necessary. If you really wanted to do it that way, you would still need to have exactly what I said. You'd just need even more added onto it to check if the players ip was recently used for invalid password attempts. Then you'd also need to ban them (which I'm guessing you're trying to lead up to) which is even more steps. He's a beginner and your system is a bit above his skill level if you ask me.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's really not a problem though, if they aren't getting it what's the big deal? Saving it to a file is more usage than necessary. If you really wanted to do it that way, you would still need to have exactly what I said. You'd just need even more added onto it to check if the players ip was recently used for invalid password attempts. Then you'd also need to ban them (which I'm guessing you're trying to lead up to) which is even more steps. He's a beginner and your system is a bit above his skill level if you ask me.
Like I said to him, Y_ini have many tutorials that include these kind of checks and he can also check the Administration Filterscripts for a general idea of how it works.
It's not a skill above his level, also things like kicking/banning has been put in Tutorials aswell, if he just checks in the Tutorials he will be easily set up, some of them are explained well enough to teach well.