Why is [pawn] still [code]?

I do not understand why it's been almost 2 months since it was removed. The syntax is actually very helpful especially for people new to coding or just for plain out messy code.

Original Topic: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...46#post3365146

Maybe we can get an estimate on when it will be working properly again?

use instead if you don't want your code to be shown is a single color

looks acceptable for me
PHP код:
#if defined FILTERSCRIPT
public OnFilterScriptInit()
{
    print(
"\n--------------------------------------");
    print(
" Blank Filterscript by your name here");
    print(
"--------------------------------------\n");
    return 
1;
}
public 
OnFilterScriptExit()
{
    return 
1;
}
#else
main()
{
    print(
"\n----------------------------------");
    print(
" Blank Gamemode by your name here");
    print(
"----------------------------------\n");
}
#endif 

Yeah, people said that was removed due to abuse. I can't get it how a simple BBCode can be abused...At least the forum's staff could punish the ones who abuse, not to remove the access to it for the whole community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, people said that was removed due to abuse. I can't get it how a simple BBCode can be abused...At least the forum's staff could punish the ones who abuse, not to remove the access to it for the whole community.
maybe it wasn't well programmed like the other tags so there was a way out ...

It was removed since it could be used as an exploit. Rather than getting forum pages down or messed up due to the bug caused by PAWN tag, it's better to have those CODE tag. It seems like PAWN tag hasn't been fixed yet and that's why they haven't activated it.

It seems weird though, why PHP tags work if PAWN doesn't, they both highlight code, so it shouldn't be that hard to fix the PAWN tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzy
Посмотреть сообщение
It was removed since it could be used as an exploit. Rather than getting forum pages down or messed up due to the bug caused by PAWN tag, it's better to have those CODE tag. It seems like PAWN tag hasn't been fixed yet and that's why they haven't activated it yet.
Summed it up
Lock this topic now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
Summed it up
Lock this topic now
Who tha fuck r u? You are definitely not an administrator, moderator, beta tester, or anything in between. Who are you to say when this thread gets locked?

My question, how could it have been exploited? (EDIT: Not that I would use it the exploit, just wondering how a BBCODE could be exploited... XD)

I know an exploit was used but it's been 2 months and that's what I don't quite get. I mean people put in hundreds of dollars every year for a hosted tab listing, and SA-MP isn't even able to atleast fix the PAWN tags? They get a shit-ton of money and fixing it as Lordzy said should just be using the PHP code but with PAWN syntax. And it can be exploited by putting certain terms PHP can't make use of maybe? I am not sure either as the PHP bbcode seems to work fine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
I know an exploit was used but it's been 2 months and that's what I don't quite get. I mean people put in hundreds of dollars every year for a hosted tab listing, and SA-MP isn't even able to atleast fix the PAWN tags? They get a shit-ton of money and fixing it as Lordzy said should just be using the PHP code but with PAWN syntax. And it can be exploited by putting certain terms PHP can't make use of maybe? I am not sure either as the PHP bbcode seems to work fine).
You can drop the entitled attitude, it won't get you anything and only makes you look like an arse.

Furthermore, yes people pay money for hosted tab. For hosted tab. For. Hosted. Tab. This mod is still a free mod. Just because you sink in a few dollars a month for a premium listing, doesn't make you entitled to anything. The fact that you're linking hosted tab to the mod itself is even more ridiculous. That's like saying "We are entitled to have more Android updates on Sony phones, because look at all the money we pay for PS4 games!".