Windows Live Messenger - Reborn

I'm kind of an old school type person, so I wanted to use Windows Live Messenger again.
After some research on the internet, I found this cool tool: Link.

This tool gives you the option to install WLM 2012 and patches it for you so you can use it again

Very interesting.... NOT

Stop trying to make it happen; even if you wanted to be a super-edgy-underground-WLM-user, there's no support for it and no more updates. It's deprecated!

It's a nice link for those who want to use it again, but they're only blinded by nostalgia and will stop using it after a short amount of time.

I used to use messenger a lot, but it lost its importance overtime.

It's interested, I will try it.

Unfortunately, the posters above are right : WLM is dead.

I loved the "Wizz" function (even when I think of WLM with my actual mind) : if someone is ignoring you, wizz him as hell till he answers. No need to spam if he's in "busy" mode with Skype.

Though, what made the straight of WLM before is what makes its weakness : the amount of people using it. It was cool to use WLM because almost everyone did. But now, there's clearly no user on WLM.

There are not many people using it indeed. I was just posting this to let people know that it's still around. I liked it for the old-school factor. I'm now using it with some friends

Oh the good old times when you could so easily hack the WLM client and remove the timer on the buzzing and even make the client believe you are another client and oh so much more. Security back then was non-existent. The good old days.

Good times. Neat find, but it will not be like it once was

Very nostalgic but I think Skype is a good enough replacement for it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4t3K
View Post
Unfortunately, the posters above are right : WLM is dead.

I loved the "Wizz" function (even when I think of WLM with my actual mind) : if someone is ignoring you, wizz him as hell till he answers. No need to spam if he's in "busy" mode with Skype.

Though, what made the straight of WLM before is what makes its weakness : the amount of people using it. It was cool to use WLM because almost everyone did. But now, there's clearly no user on WLM.
Wizz? It was called Nudging... I don't want someone wizzing me, that sounds like they're about to urinate on me.