How can I create my own RP server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinC
View Post
He's asking for help about creating a server, if you want to advertise your server, go here instead.
Gotta love that response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
View Post

Sorry to be a pain..-
but, lol.

143 players isn't exactly a 'low peak'. :3:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
View Post
You do realize PR-RP is the one of the most popular English strict-rp servers right?
nice sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis1
View Post
It's a shame you never scripted a line of code, yet you want to have your own server. Perhaps you're only attracted by the financial gain.
Or perhaps, like many of us, he's simply tired of seeing the same old stuff over and over, has good ideas, and wants to run things his own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedyjoe
Посмотреть сообщение
Honestly, I have a light knowledge of PAWN, etc. I have my script and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
Or perhaps, like many of us, he's simply tired of seeing the same old stuff over and over, has good ideas, and wants to run things his own way.
He wants to run things his own way but how can he do it when he has light knowledge of PAWN and just runs a copied GM. If he really had great ideas he would have learned scripting and implemented good ideas instead of the amount of time he has put in making this topic (metaphorically speaking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboy
Посмотреть сообщение
He wants to run things his own way but how can he do it when he has light knowledge of PAWN and just runs a copied GM. If he really had great ideas he would have learned scripting and implemented good ideas instead of the amount of time he has put in making this topic (metaphorically speaking).
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The fact that he has created the topic shows that he is interested in doing it the "right" way, just doesn't yet know how to do that. Sure, he may not realise how much work is actually involved, but it's nice that he's trying to find out, and we shouldn't be discouraging him from doing so.

I have some amazing ideas for a server but I don't know PAWN, however I'm still opening a server - just doing so with another person who does know PAWN. I have years of experience here - enough to know what people are looking for in a decent server -, and I have years of admin experience across multiple popular servers. So I believe I (and my team) have what it takes to make a successful server So will you still make the same statement and say that I shouldn't be making a server because I don't know PAWN?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I have some amazing ideas for a server but I don't know PAWN, however I'm still opening a server - just doing so with another person who does know PAWN. I have years of experience here - enough to know what people are looking for in a decent server -, and I have years of admin experience across multiple popular servers. So I believe I (and my team) have what it takes to make a successful server So will you still make the same statement and say that I shouldn't be making a server because I don't know PAWN?
No, Indeed you need not know PAWN but a reputed and experienced player like you can easily get players and scripters (A full team of them Infact) but not everyone is well reputed and if you're not reputed enough you're most likely gonna get Ignored, scammed or in worst case scenario get your script stolen and hence, only people with sheer beginner's luck manage to get a highly trusted and skilled scripter in their team.
For eg. Lets suppose you know scripting and if well reputed players invite you to join their team you WILL accept it but if someone like me(low reputed and not a very well known player) invites you to join my team you'd most definitely ignore or straight away reject the offer.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The fact that he has created the topic shows that he is interested in doing it the "right" way, just doesn't yet know how to do that.
Indeed he is interested in doing it "The Right Way" but would just doing it right bring him players?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
we shouldn't be discouraging him from doing so.
Making him learn PAWN to create server with features he likes rather than making him reliable fully on his "hired" scripter isn't really "Discouragement" in my opinion.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Making him learn PAWN to create server with features he likes rather than making him reliable fully on his "hired" scripter isn't really "Discouragement" in my opinion.
He didn't say he hired someone else though :/

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
He didn't say he hired someone else though :/
With "Little knowledge of PAWN" what do you think he'll do when(if) his/her player asks/wants an update.
Even the guy himself would be bored playing same stuff time and again.
Of Course, if he knows adding some stuff that would satisfy him and his players for the time being, he would still have some time till they demand for more and ultimately....

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
With "Little knowledge of PAWN" what do you think he'll do when(if) his/her player asks/wants an update.
Even the guy himself would be bored playing same stuff time and again.
Of Course, if he knows adding some stuff that would satisfy him and his players for the time being, he would still have some time till they demand for more and ultimately....
Maybe he wants to learn more. Don't always assume the worst of people.

Quote:
View Post
Or just wants to manage his own server without putting in any effort.

Good TUT for newbies man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoLight
View Post
?

char count..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoLight
View Post
Tutorial? Where? Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
View Post
Credits: iNorton
Original thread: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...53#post2095453

I know, that only the link would be enough, but the text looks kinda fancy, so.
Lol sorry, I meant to quote this