What features do you expect as a VIP player on a server?

I am working on a freeroam/stunt server and am taking suggestions for VIP features/commands.

Please leave any suggestions, thanks!

Maybe acces to super cars. Like Infernus, only VIPs can get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
View Post
Maybe acces to super cars. Like Infernus, only VIPs can get it.
As it is a freeroam server I don't think limiting players to certain vehicles is a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=264837
Also i would really love that whenever I login people know that a VIP has logged in(after all we payed money for it :P)
Also A special announcement for vips is a good go(a very common feature though)
Also a vip should be able to attach any objects of his likes(If you have such a script)

Bumping, need more suggestions

VIP, eh it's just killing a server. Making it more play to win.

If you can make it not pay to win, maybe it'll be a better server.

• Ability to buy personal vehicles, or extra slots.
  • Maybe an extra house slot.
  • Ability to change your color to a special VIP color with a text label as well.
  • Be able to attach objects to yourself.
  • VIP-only chat.
That's all i can think of right now.
But depending on what your server contains, you can upgrade it for VIP players, though having too many VIP features will kill your server.

Well; if its freeroam, then something like flying feature, VIP housing, VIP weekend island, VIP garage, VIP office, VIP lounge, VIP car, VIP chat, VIP chat (not actually chat, /vsay (e.g [V.I.P]Kapersky said: Hey!), VIP safehouse, VIP villa etc..

Never really been into freeroam servers, so I don't really know the basics of one.
But eh.. Maybe a store where you could buy weapons, ammunition, armor/bandages, components for your rides and so on. VIPs would get the doubled amount of tokens/points for the store every hour etc.

The ability to do pretty much anything and everything a normal player cannot do. Was that so hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
The ability to do pretty much anything and everything a normal player cannot do. Was that so hard?
There was no need to give me a rude answer like that, I was simply taking suggestions. That being said, your answer is shit as was to be expected from a person like you.
Quote:

The ability to do pretty much anything and everything a normal player cannot do

Seriously?

buy vip now to ban, kick, fine, slap, close the server, give people cash and MORE OVERPOWERED SHIT

Hm, lets see.
How about if players win an event and there's a prize, whoever is a VIP gets a the prize 2x bigger?
Or special quotes from the singleplayer, like Carl, Sweet, Big Smoke and etc.

e.g. Cesar Vialpando: Let's fucking finish this!

How about access to a music player (if you have such a thing), they can rewind songs they'd like and so on.

Discount to certain features like ammo for weapons, certain teleports, the ability to change their own world if they want to be left alone. Certain wearable items....a lot of possibilities here.

You could make multipliers for donators, every donator could have double the money & score if they kill a player or do a certain task that gives you money/score.

The ability to driveby on whatever vehicle you are driving, (having an aim when you are on foot be on a vehicle you drive.)

The ability to /kick players for a certain amount of money/score?

the chance of a second life, after their health goes to 0 it regenerates to 30 and after thats done then they are really dead lol. Or they could like explode when they die causing damage to all the players that are in the explosions radius.

More radio stations if you have an online /radio on your server...Or implementing a radio station of their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellize
View Post
There was no need to give me a rude answer like that, I was simply taking suggestions. That being said, your answer is shit as was to be expected from a person like you.

Seriously?

buy vip now to ban, kick, fine, slap, close the server, give people cash and MORE OVERPOWERED SHIT
I didn't mean those type of things/features, nor intended you to take it that way. In general terms, you should add ANYTHING and EVERYTHING any normal player cannot do while conserving these two factors: non-abusive & generic mode features. So basically what I'm trying to say, is that you should add whatever comes to your head (of course, while respecting those two factors). For example: A multi-term & simple calculator, an extra house slot, a bonus for doing missions and objectives, a weapon kit, armour on spawn, extended vehicle information, skin picker, vip lounge, vip vehicles, all vehicles have nitrous, everything is cheaper, you can store weapons in your house (or more slots), a backpack for you to store items in, passive mode, similarity based command suggestions, vips can create a clan, etc, etc, etc. Just keep adding and adding, give them heaps of features.

I'd rather have access to a huge amount of features, than having 5-10 features that most people want in someway.

Do you really have to get angry for taking something in a bad way (the way it wasn't intended to be taken)? And do you really have to insult me for something this little?

Giving constructive criticism has turned into a crime recently, now the same thing is going to happen to giving suggestions? You gotta be kidding me.

I hate things like this. Just because someone donated some money (by choice) to your server doesn't grant them more rights than a normal player. Donating should be the same as funding a political party: you do it to encourage the development of the party and to show you back them.

So when you start granting vehicles, more houses, bigger paychecks, more guns etc it becomes a p2w environment where those who have the money to donate are those who have the best time on the server - which is unfair. Communities strive from fairness and enjoyment, and to give a minority of players (donators) everything they want because they had given you a donation is being money-greedy.

Addition:

Because nowadays most people don't donate to back the server - but to get advantages out of it.

Another Addition:

If it's for freeroam then sure, give them tonnes of shit but if it's RP or TDM style modes i wouldnt give them shit

Decorative shit, like special neon colors, or, blinking username, or um, special access chat, ooor um, exclusive maps, you know, useless stuff but everybody will be like "Oh i want that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
VIP, eh it's just killing a server. Making it more play to win.

If you can make it not pay to win, maybe it'll be a better server.
This. IMO any features that give you advantage over non-VIP players aren't needed. As said above, decorative stuff should do the trick, ability to attach objects like neons and that stuff to your car, vehicle recoloring, etc.

The first one is a bit tricky, because OP features is what baits people into buying VIP/donating, I mean if you could donate just to help the server, I would say almost no one would donate even if the server was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
View Post
I hate things like this. Just because someone donated some money (by choice) to your server doesn't grant them more rights than a normal player. Donating should be the same as funding a political party: you do it to encourage the development of the party and to show you back them.

So when you start granting vehicles, more houses, bigger paychecks, more guns etc it becomes a p2w environment where those who have the money to donate are those who have the best time on the server - which is unfair. Communities strive from fairness and enjoyment, and to give a minority of players (donators) everything they want because they had given you a donation is being money-greedy.

Addition:

Because nowadays most people don't donate to back the server - but to get advantages out of it.

Another Addition:

If it's for freeroam then sure, give them tonnes of shit but if it's RP or TDM style modes i wouldnt give them shit
A part of me died inside after I saw you quoted yourself in your own signature...

But on topic: you're right, players SHOULD donate to back the server instead of getting advantages. Reality is that players need an incentive to do.

Best example I know is Horizon Roleplay. They tried a system where players may donate without getting anything but it didn't even work. Although some people did, including someone buying them a vBulletin license, it wasn't enough for them to cover their server expenses. They eventually added a VIP/donator system that offered some benefits, but no ourageous ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mado
View Post
A part of me died inside after I saw you quoted yourself in your own signature...

But on topic: you're right, players SHOULD donate to back the server instead of getting advantages. Reality is that players need an incentive to do.

Best example I know is Horizon Roleplay. They tried a system where players may donate without getting anything but it didn't even work. Although some people did, including someone buying them a vBulletin license, it wasn't enough for them to cover their server expenses. They eventually added a VIP/donator system that offered some benefits, but no ourageous ones.
It looks pretty retarded. I might delete it lol but I liked what I said.

Well, if a server is relying on donations so heavily then they obviously lack the funding to pay for it -- they shouldn't be making a server