Adding the UTF-8 support

Will be great if you add support for the UTF-8 encoding. I very often face with the incorrect encoding in the gamemode when my files have been saved in the UTF-8 encoding. For understanding the problem please see attached screenshot. Thanks in advance!

AFAIK sa-mp only supports ASCII encoding, i tried to use some kind of UTF-8 to do my gamemode in multilanguage and f*ked up all my accents from other languages.

This happens to me too with the character "•".

This would be insane amounts of work, and it would have to be hacked into GTA itself.

Then don't save your files in UTF coding, I have never faced this issue ever before. Pawno will never do you wrong, but notepad will do whatever you tell it to.

UTF-8 is a most popular encoding. Please see following graph.

Quote:

Graph indicating that UTF-8 (light blue) exceeded other main encodings of text on the Web in December 2007, and that by 2010 it was nearing 50% (and up to 83% in March 2015[2]). Encodings were detected by examining the text, not from the encoding tag in the header,[3] thus does not include ASCII tagged as UTF-8. As ASCII is valid UTF-8 it could be added to the UTF-8 to get over 65% usage in 2010.

+1, really need this

very good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
Then don't save your files in UTF coding, I have never faced this issue ever before. Pawno will never do you wrong, but notepad will do whatever you tell it to.
+1, makes no sense change entirely the game encoding instead change only the way of scripters save our scripts, i don't agree with this idea.

What is the point? SA-MP supports every charset, as long as the user turns it on. Russian people have set their system language to Russian, therefore Cyrillic is displayed on their screen. What's the point of showing me, some random Dutch guy, Russian gibberish I can't understand.

Besides, GTA SA is an ANSI based game, it would mess stuff up if the mods were UTF-8
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...28&postcount=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
GTA SA is an ANSI program, it can't support Unicode. You can't force it to use Unicode either or it will crash. It can support non-English characters through the ANSI code page in Windows, and through UTF-8, but all players on the server must be using the same code page.

Maybe this helps?

There are also language packs (not Microsoft) you can install in Windows that will force programs to use Unicode. These will not work with GTA SA.
^^^^