What can I do if my gamemode has been stolen?

So I was on a host that was shared with another server.
My gamemode was stolen and now being used by another community.
Now first off I don't have any money to pay someone to get my script back.
Anyone got any ideas...... I have worked hard on this script and its very sad to see my work stolen.

Well, you could start doing for yourself from now on. Don't trust nobody you've met on the internet (unless they are someone very highly trusted like ******). There is not much you can do about it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't trust nobody you've met on the internet (unless they are someone very highly trusted like ******).
That's non-sensical. In fact, it's so judgemental I believe you're being sarcastic.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, you could start doing for yourself from now on. Don't trust nobody you've met on the internet (unless they are someone very highly trusted like ******). There is not much you can do about it now.
I suggest you never share your gamemode to anyone except highly trusted member.

Yeah, I made the mistake of sharing a VPS with another server, we were fine for 4 days but then I noticed my server's Database was missing and I tried to take my stuff off the server machine, at that moment I was disconnected and their server went down as so did mine, then I refreshed my SA:MP Server list and their gamemode was mine, all still the same, not even changed a single thing, /information still has my name as Founder etc, its sad... they are not good scripters I guess since they have to take my own gamemode, I have been scripting for a long time now, everyone from samp forums has been helping me in the scripting help section and I was so happy to finally actually get it up and running, we had 15-20 players etc RIP Complex Gaming.... I guess you all are right, don't trust anyone... I need to get my own VPS, I can just change a few features around and make it look a lil more unique than it was, most my players still are in our Teamspeak anyway, they are sticking around.

Erm, i pretty sure you can't do anything. Did he got the PWN ?

did you really uploaded the source code AKA .pwn file? it's not even needed and trust me, if they have your server source code, you cannot do anything about it unless you would want to hack into their server or pc, and clean it off from there (/s).

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
are you serious at all? how you or someone can trust ******? because he has more reputation on the forums? or just because he's a beta tester, that's a very stupid assertion.

Okay then, thank you ******, I will do that next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjahZ
Посмотреть сообщение
So I was on a host that was shared with another server.
Contact the host to take down the server maybe?

That is very sad to hear, but I agree, you shouldn't trust anybody you find on the internet.

You shouldn't trust anybody, because people are hungry for scripts, and especially "unique" and "scratch-made" scripts, and I wonder, why you uploaded .PWN to the host, .AMX would be enough, you doesn't actually need .PWN. You can contact the host, as Krest said or you must've a copy of that script, I guess.

Well, it's very sad to hear. Even I know some people who do these things (-_-). You should've been more cautious from the start. Internet is a no-no for trusting. You can't even trust your best friends, to be honest. I had also made a mistake like this before (*tisssssssssssssss*), and believe me, it didn't went great.

You can contact the host to take down the script, or..... you should've been more relevant to the script and used technical techniques to make it hard to decompile.

Also, .AMX is enough for the gamemode to load. You do NOT need to upload the .PWN file, or you are in a very bad scenario.

LOL Today it was going to Happened to Me..Some1 told me he will hosted my server on hosted tab and he told me to give him FileZilla Detalis(FTP)..
But i didn't D:..Because i don't trust with others ..
anyway next time upload just .amx file and don't upload .pwn xD..

The internet is full of scammers and backstabbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjahZ
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I made the mistake of sharing a VPS with another server, we were fine for 4 days but then I noticed my server's Database was missing and I tried to take my stuff off the server machine, at that moment I was disconnected and their server went down as so did mine, then I refreshed my SA:MP Server list and their gamemode was mine, all still the same, not even changed a single thing, /information still has my name as Founder etc, its sad... they are not good scripters I guess since they have to take my own gamemode, I have been scripting for a long time now, everyone from samp forums has been helping me in the scripting help section and I was so happy to finally actually get it up and running, we had 15-20 players etc RIP Complex Gaming.... I guess you all are right, don't trust anyone... I need to get my own VPS, I can just change a few features around and make it look a lil more unique than it was, most my players still are in our Teamspeak anyway, they are sticking around.
Who Stole it ?
PS : I am Hugo Loco :P

All of the people who are saying "you shouldn't have shared your script" are right but they're not very helpful suggestions - there is something you can do right now to resolve this. Contact the host of the other server that's using your script, tell them they're using something that you created without your permission and they need to take it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution
Посмотреть сообщение
All of the people who are saying "you shouldn't have shared your script" are right but they're not very helpful suggestions - there is something you can do right now to resolve this. Contact the host of the other server that's using your script, tell them they're using something that you created without your permission and they need to take it down.
That doesn't help, I had this issue before and i've contacted the host - they actually said they can't do anything because it's a personal issue between me and the person that you shared the script with. Even if you try to proof that it's your script - it. just. doesn't. help. They say you have copyright on everything you make, but in fact, if it gets stolen your all mighty copyright doesn't help at all.

And my kinda issue like this was about the gamemode, website and UCP. I felt betraited and i was pissed off as f*ck. All my work from +/- 7 months were in the hands of another person. After i realized i couldn't do much about it I just took some kind of revenge and sold my gamemode 3 times because those months before was worthless

Cut your losses, NEVER upload a .pwn file. I don't even upload them on my own VPS because I have trust issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
That doesn't help, I had this issue before and i've contacted the host - they actually said they can't do anything because it's a personal issue between me and the person that you shared the script with. Even if you try to proof that it's your script - it. just. doesn't. help. They say you have copyright on everything you make, but in fact, if it gets stolen your all mighty copyright doesn't help at all.

And my kinda issue like this was about the gamemode, website and UCP. I felt betraited and i was pissed off as f*ck. All my work from +/- 7 months were in the hands of another person. After i realized i couldn't do much about it I just took some kind of revenge and sold my gamemode 3 times because those months before was worthless
Dealing with copyright complaints is the duty of the host. You tell them that you own the content that is being hosted and the onus is on the script thief to prove that they have the rights to use it.

If the game server host doesn't comply, they've already failed one of their legal obligations, so go to the next higher authority - the company that owns the dedicated servers (or, god forbid, VPSes) that the gameserver host uses. That company will have real, established processes for dealing with copyright complaints, and it becomes a lot easier - either the gameserver host removes the stolen content, or they go down along with the script thief.

It's not a great situation to be in if somebody steals your script and uses it without permission, but it's not entirely useless. There are measures that help people like you and OP stop others from benefiting from your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokless
Посмотреть сообщение
Who Stole it ?
PS : I am Hugo Loco :P
Hiya Hugo, Ryan Woods with City View Gaming has stolen Complex Gaming Script, I am currently working on changes now, don't worry we will be back up soon, and @ev0lution I will just cut my losses this time but I will in future be applying them techniques, thank you all very much for the useful information, it's much appreciated, right now I am just going to focus on rebuilding my Community and making efficient changes to the script that make it better than before, no more .pwn uploads from now on