WhatsApp Call Released :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
View Post
I don't understand the point in creating these kinda programs when there's a proper one like Skype, it's safe and secure and connects smoothly, plus it's free unlike whatsapp
>Skype
>secure

yeah alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
View Post
>Skype
>secure

yeah alright
what? skype is insecure? or I just misunderstood you

Just google "skype resolver" [sorry, I don't want to spread it but eh, isn't any other option]. Now, get back there and dare tell us skype is secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
View Post
I don't know where you are comming from, but in my country nearly everyone have plans that include a lot of minutes/sms/mb (if not unlimited), so nobody uses those apps. They are only useful if you are abroad, or if you want to contact foreigners.
I'm from South Africa. Nearly everyone here has WhatsApp, almost nobody here sends SMS anymore because WhatsApp is way cheaper.I thought its like that in all the countries, my bad.We still buy minutes though, if you want to make a call.

@Zues : In my country, there's a phone company called "Free". It offers a plan with 2 hours of vocal communication and unlimited SMS for only 2Ђ per month (2.10 USD). And this plan is free if you already have the "Freebox" at home (meaning that if you are already a "Free" customer for Home Internet, you get this plan for free). The same company offers another plan, unlimited voice call/sms/mms + 20Go of 4G Internet for 20Ђ per month (21 USD), or 16Ђ (16.8 USD) if you already have the "Freebox" at home.

As information, this Freebox costs 40Ђ per month (42 USD) and offers you unlimited high debit Internet access, a TV box which gives you +150 channels included in your plan, and unlimited phone calls from your home phone to all mobiles and home phones in nearly 200 countries.

I don't use WhatsApp but if it's cheaper than the 2Ђ plan on a whole month, then I got scammed for now a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
View Post
what? skype is insecure? or I just misunderstood you
Yes it is and it is suspected of state snooping.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...ple_yahoo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues
View Post
I'm from South Africa. Nearly everyone here has WhatsApp, almost nobody here sends SMS anymore because WhatsApp is way cheaper.I thought its like that in all the countries, my bad.We still buy minutes though, if you want to make a call.
Same for the Netherlands. A lot of people just buy MB's to talk over whatsapp. It's a lot cheaper than SMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW
View Post
@Zues : In my country, there's a phone company called "Free". It offers a plan with 2 hours of vocal communication and unlimited SMS for only 2Ђ per month (2.10 USD). And this plan is free if you already have the "Freebox" at home (meaning that if you are already a "Free" customer for Home Internet, you get this plan for free). The same company offers another plan, unlimited voice call/sms/mms + 20Go of 4G Internet for 20Ђ per month (21 USD), or 16Ђ (16.8 USD) if you already have the "Freebox" at home.

As information, this Freebox costs 40Ђ per month (42 USD) and offers you unlimited high debit Internet access, a TV box which gives you +150 channels included in your plan, and unlimited phone calls from your home phone to all mobiles and home phones in nearly 200 countries.

I don't use WhatsApp but if it's cheaper than the 2Ђ plan on a whole month, then I got scammed for now a long time.
Well according to a website I was just on, whatsapp uses 0.01MB (data) for each 100 chars.I can buy15MB for 9 zar ( 0,69 euro ) meaning that if I did my calculations right, you can send 150000 chars for 0,69 euro.

And if you are with one of our 'sim card providers' whatsapp is free, It does not use data, all you need is to have a positive airtime balance on your phone, but it does not use the airtime neither.

Oh no....More spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdog
View Post
It's currently invite only, meaning someone who has calls enabled already has to call you first to unlock it for you.
Ah, thanks m9

I have whatsapp, snapchat, instagram, kik, line etc all installed on the same device. I don't think its stupid at all, many people will use one app for something and may not want to install another... So by having this app I can contact everyone.

I mainly use whatsapp, I am on a unlimated texting contract but its free to send pictures through whatsapp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshit
View Post
I have whatsapp, snapchat, instagram, kik, line etc all installed on the same device. I don't think its stupid at all, many people will use one app for something and may not want to install another... So by having this app I can contact everyone.

I mainly use whatsapp, I am on a unlimated texting contract but its free to send pictures through whatsapp.
u just desperate tho thats why u got so many apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
No it's just called keeping in contact with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshit
View Post
No it's just called keeping in contact with friends.
what is coming back to the samp forums then after saying you're leaving samp

Quote:
View Post
have you seen the girls he got, fucking ugly. I'll upload when I get home.

Quote:
View Post
what is coming back to the samp forums then after saying you're leaving samp
IRC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
have you seen the girls he got, fucking ugly. I'll upload when I get home.
Sorry for not being shallow.

Custom ROM users dont get it or what? I downloaded the latest version from whatsapp website, got call from a friend and talked few minutes, and I haven't got it yet. When he called me, it got bugged after sometime, phone kept vibrating just like when you get a call and I had to reboot the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [J]
View Post
Custom ROM users dont get it or what? I downloaded the latest version from whatsapp website, got call from a friend and talked few minutes, and I haven't got it yet. When he called me, it got bugged after sometime, phone kept vibrating just like when you get a call and I had to reboot the phone.
Just use the stock rom that came with your phone, its less likely to be buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
Just use the stock rom that came with your phone, its less likely to be buggy
Cba to go back to kitkat again, will just wait till it works then, at least I can get incoming calls.