math help

////////////////

Area permiter and root Pi is 21

seriously man ask your maths teacher

Do it yourself, lol. The more you stress your brain, the more it will perform.

What are the given data ? Explain the question.

Its fucking my brain. I can't do it!

I think you can't solve this one without more data

System of 3 equations with 3 variables

a = not possible, as if equate the upper triangle the equation will be "H^2 = 2a^2+144-24a" , with this data if we try to equate the triangle at the side of that square, then total the equation will be "324-2a^2+24a = 324a^2+a^4-36a^3" which not form a quadratic equation to find the value of 'a'. Hence, the sum is not proper or there is lack of given data.

(12-a)*(18-a)=a2
216-12a-18a+a2=a2
-30a=-216|: (-30)
a=7,2
finally
it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermaritt
Посмотреть сообщение
a = not possible, as if equate the upper triangle the equation will be "H^2 = 2a^2+144-24a" , with this data if we try to equate the triangle at the side of that square, then total the equation will be "324-2a^2+24a = 324a^2+a^4-36a^3" which not form a quadratic equation to find the value of 'a'. Hence, the sum is not proper or there is lack of given data.
yu sir are maths master

To CodeStyle175, it is wrong in my opinion, as (12-a) is the perpendicular of the upper triangle.

To Kaspersky, No I am not, just go to school on important days.

Wow, all these smart people. Makes me wish I listened in school now.

Lack of data? Come on people!!

Here, I hope it helps

Similarity of triangles

I am not sure about your method Milito. Accoreing to me we can try two methods one is pythagoras and the other is the area method unless he specifies what chapter's sum it is we cannot post his required solution this means lack of data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermaritt
View Post
I am not sure about your method Milito. Accoreing to me we can try two methods one is pythagoras and the other is the area method unless he specifies what chapter's sum it is we cannot post his required solution this means lack of data.
Pythagoras, Ummm. Of course you can determine the value of hypotenuse of the main triangle using pythagoras however, It would not help us determining the value of "a".

Anyways, he figured out another ecuation (Area of a square)
(18-a)(12-a)=a^2

That leads usto the same result I gave using similarity of triangles.

To Milito, (12-a) and (18-a) are not the sides of the square. So, the equations stands wrong.

lol, last edited by dugi

Ah im bad at maths can't say anything else.