SA-MP forum password phishing attempt?

After a search today I noticed there is a proxy site exclusively dedicated to linking to the SA-MP forums here is what was troubling and should be something everyone needs to look out for.

A picture of the site, as you can see a perfect immitation

Make sure that if your not logged the page your on is actually the genuine website.

Thanks for informing.

EDIT: I guess, yes.

I wonder, they're using the backgroup from Nevada Roleplay, rofl.

I've seen it as well, it's been up for some time, but no idea what it is.

sa-mp.com should acquire an SSL certificate, also game-mp.com

Yeah It's a bit off topic, but just throwing this here.

The weird thing is that it shows the up-to-date posts... I wonder if it's actually getting the data directly from sa-mp.com and serving as an iframe or using some other method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
The weird thing is that it shows the up-to-date posts... I wonder if it's actually getting the data directly from sa-mp.com and serving as an iframe or using some other method.
Its a Reverse proxy.
Quote:

In computer networks, a reverse proxy is a type of proxy server that retrieves resources on behalf of a client from one or more servers. These resources are then returned to the client as though they originated from the proxy server itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_proxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
View Post
sa-mp.com should acquire an SSL certificate, also game-mp.com

Yeah It's a bit off topic, but just throwing this here.
No need to do so. It's the victim's fault for not being cautious and getting their account compromised.

SSL only mitigates MITM attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax
View Post
No need to do so. It's the victim's fault for not being cautious and getting their account compromised.
That's a really stupid argument, the site owner should do their bit too, a SSL certification isn't hard to obtain.
SSL can also help to protect when connecting to insecure networks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samp_India
View Post
I think that might be a reason, happens to me also