Segmentation Fault ./samp03svr

Hi,

I could really use some help with this:

Код:
bash: line 1: 29278 Segmentation fault ./samp03svr
I get this error whenever I try to start my server from the host. I uploaded the files to the server using FileZilla. And I am using LCC Enterprise/GSP Panel. Help please, anyone who helps me will get some additional reputation (+rep).

Thanks!

Hello there,

You could be using a corrupt AMX which may be solved be re-uploading the file through FTP in Binary Mode.

I also suggest that you unzip your gta-sa server package through SSH.

Also I suggest you check out this: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Linux_Server

It may help you,
Firewire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello there,

You could be using a corrupt AMX which may be solved be re-uploading the file through FTP in Binary Mode.

I also suggest that you unzip your gta-sa server package through SSH.

Also I suggest you check out this: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Linux_Server

It may help you,
Firewire.
Greetings Firewire,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried uploading the .AMX file once again but the problem still persists.
I do not have any experience with SSH nor know how to use it, could you please instruct me through the process? If you also have Skype that would be much preferred as it will be more easier for us to reach each-other quicker.

Thank you - regards,
PzyCh.

If you are using a Linux OS this normally happens when you replace the samp03svr via FTP normally in ASCII mode.

Try to switch your FTP to Binary Mode or if you don't know how to do that reinstall the SAMP server via host CP and do not replace the samp03svr or announce / samp-npc files.

Exactly what Jake said, this could also be down to a poorly scripted gamemode or scriptfiles not being read.

Try both of those and let us know how it goes.

Firewire.

Hey Jake,

My FTP client is already in binary mode, I'll try reinstalling the default SAMP servers then re-upload files but not replacing the files you mentioned. I'll have to do that in 2 hours tho.

Thank you - regards,
PzyCh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzyCh
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey Jake,

My FTP client is already in binary mode, I'll try reinstalling the default SAMP servers then re-upload files but not replacing the files you mentioned. I'll have to do that in 2 hours tho.

Thank you - regards,
PzyCh.
Alright if that doesn't work attempt to start the server just reinstalled nothing altered besides the server configuration of course. Normally a Segmentation Fault isn't related to the gamemode, has never been in my case anyways.

This will tell you really quick if it's something you're uploading.

Linux, Connect SFTP and samp03svr, samp-npc, annonuce give permission "777".

I reinstalled everything, uploaded only the necessary files, now:
1. The server isn't identifying the gamemode and shows it as "Unknown".
2. Server doesn't start if it has more than 4 filterscripts/plugins selected in server.cfg and shows me this:
Код:
samp03svr: amx/amx.c:803
EDIT: 1. Just had to re-install sscanf.
2. I am still looking into the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzyCh
Посмотреть сообщение
I reinstalled everything, uploaded only the necessary files, now:
1. The server isn't identifying the gamemode and shows it as "Unknown".
2. Server doesn't start if it has more than 4 filterscripts/plugins selected in server.cfg and shows me this:
Код:
samp03svr: amx/amx.c:803
EDIT: 1. Just had to re-install sscanf.
2. I am still looking into the problem.
that seems odd but does the server work fine with grandlarc ?

The best suggestion I could say is posting your configuration don't load any fliterscripts.