WINDOWS , LINUX

what iss the difference between lynux server and windows server, cos i got the windows one and want to find out what is the lynux one for

I think there's no difference at all

You have to know how to configure the linux one as well, and that's it.

if they both sam so what si the point of having both of them ?? insted of jsut one

Because some hosts use Windows, many other use Linux.. They are extremely differents OS..

quote yom

Linux is a type of kernal, of which operating systems are based upon. Linux itself is based on unix which was originally created by the millitary to store Top secret information securely. this is why linux contains very little holes, cannot get viruses and is nearly impossible to hack. That apart, the operating system itself is alot more secure thats why many hosts choose to use Linux as their main OS.

The linux server is exactly the same as the windows server only created for the linux binary.

If this is server related and your deciding which OP u want to host with
i'll suggest Linux, heard it was a better OP for hosting and it also uses up fewer resources than windows

dont believe everything which is told you here...

however, the main difference for you as samp user is:
  • Some pawn commands are limited to one of the OS (GetTickCount() for example)
  • Linux is strict about filenames: Delux is something else then delux, on windows its all the same
  • Most hosters dont manage to install an automatic restarter on Linux (we did manage...)
i guess thats all you need to know from your perspective. you can scratch the parts being said about linux being 5000 times more secure.

If you don't know what Linux is, then you don't need the Linux version simply put. Those that do need it will know what Linux is.

GetTickCount() will also fail after 24 days on Windows, so I would not rely on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [M
deLux ]
dont believe everything which is told you here...

however, the main difference for you as samp user is:
  • Some pawn commands are limited to one of the OS (GetTickCount() for example)
  • Linux is strict about filenames: Delux is something else then delux, on windows its all the same
  • Most hosters dont manage to install an automatic restarter on Linux (we did manage...)
i guess thats all you need to know from your perspective. you can scratch the parts being said about linux being 5000 times more secure.
You can use tickcount with Linux instead of GetTickCount.

In the end you won't remark much difference between windows and Linux while hosting samp, apart from the fact that windows allows you to be lazier and you can use windows plugins

That's the reason why alot of my clients prefer windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by [M
deLux ]
In the end you won't remark much difference between windows and Linux while hosting samp, apart from the fact that windows allows you to be lazier and you can use windows plugins

That's the reason why alot of my clients prefer windows
Like me

wtf are tickcounts?