The same linux error

So i've been trying to launch this server. Using Debian7 by the way. I keep getting this error:

nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'
nohup: failed to run command `./samp03': Permission denied

Tried giving permissions, +x, 700, 755. Tried it all, still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Are you sure you have set permissions properly, did you checked after you typed chmod +x samp03 ?

Yes. As I said, I have tried everything. Any other ideas?

Did you run the task under the username 'root'? Try re-running it with sudo, let us know if it works.

Ok, just tired it with root, also tried re-running it with sudo and tried giving it permissions. Same stuff. Are you sure this problem is just related with permissions? Or something else can cause this error?

chmod u+x the file, mhm. I am thinking of two things here.

One, either your file system is enabled with the noexec option. Run a grep on noexec in the file system (mount | grep noexec) and check if noexec is there. If yes, then let me know.

Other than that, probably a shared object, plugin or executable that SA-MP is trying to open for which it doesn't have the required permissions. This is kind-of unlikely, but just to be safe, run a ldd or strace on samp03svr.

Other than the aforementioned, I have no clue..

EDIT: It must be the noexec option enabled. Is your distribution newly installed? And was it a pure install or a install with some other needed settings and programs?

proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,mode=755)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode =000)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=104860k,mode=755)
none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=209700k)
none on /run/user type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=102400k,mode =755)

This is what I got when I tried to run a grep on noexec.

First change the directory to samp server directory with cd command then run command chmod like this :
Код:
cd samp03
sudo chmod 700 *
Don't do this while logged in with root cuz its a bad idea to run a process under root

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroZeus
Посмотреть сообщение
First change the directory to samp server directory with cd command then run command chmod like this :
Код:
cd samp03
sudo chmod 700 *
Don't do this while logged in with root cuz its a bad idea to run a process under root
If chmod +x doesn't work, how can 700 do the trick?

Re-mount your file system with exec, should come something like

mount -o remount,exec /your/root/file/system

Just in case, consult with your server provider regarding remounting the file system with exec option. Please tell me, is the server new?

Try this:
Код:
chmod +x samp03 announce