New to scripting

Hey! I used to script before but it's been a few months and I forgot pretty much anything I had learned. For this reason, I need to know what I should start with to make my own RP gamemode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRage
Посмотреть сообщение
++.

Making a script from scratch doesn't even take time if you know what you're doing.
It took me a month to create a RP script from scratch, with some help of filterscripts of course that were even re-designed to match the RP purpose on the server.

What actually takes time is getting known on the SA-MP community and having a big playerbase.

Let's have a comparison between the way you want your server to be run.

1) Quickly increasing playerbase:
Explanation:
- Using a GM that has been used on 32947293 other servers. (You wouldn't waste your time making a GM from scratch then just give everybody every single feature on it, would you?)
- Giving players refunds including but not limited to VIP, Money, Cars, Houses, Factions, Families, etc.

- Pros:
- Lots of players on your server, they will invite their friends and even more will get attracted by the amount of players online.

- Cons:
- 90% of these players will be dumbfucks who know nothing about English nor RP, and they're just trying to have what they couldn't achieve on other RP servers.
- Disrespect among many other RP servers owners.
- Disrespect among players already playing on your server.
- Giving the players an advantage of controlling the shit out of your server, give me blahblah else I'm leaving with my other 2398423974293847923 friends.
- You will just lose money on w/e you provide to keep the server & community up and running as there won't be anything to donate for, and even if there is it won't be that useful as everybody almost got everything.

1) Slowly increasing playerbase:
Explanation: Trying to make a script as much unique as possible if not creating your own GM from scratch.

- Pros:
- 90% of the players will be actually got RPers and people you can depend on later on.
- Respect among many other RP servers owners.
- Respect among players already playing on your server.
- Feeling the accomplishments you made with the server when you see 1 new player online and playing.
- You can actually make profits from people donating.

- Cons:
- Low amount of players, which will be solved by the time and depending on how you assist your players, pick your faction leaders and admins.
Here we go this is something helpful

That's not the answer I was expecting. I'm not looking to start a community but learn to script.

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/

Also a lot of helpful tutorials that you can find here.

Script, try, test, fail, ****** errors, script more, fail again, script more, repeat.

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably be back with more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
Посмотреть сообщение
Script, try, test, fail, ****** errors, script more, fail again, script more, repeat.
edit gamemode*, try, test, fail, ****** errors, script more, fail again, script more, repeat.

but ye exactly as he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydenJason
Посмотреть сообщение
edit gamemode*, try, test, fail, ****** errors, script more, fail again, script more, repeat.

but ye exactly as he said
I actually started with some edits too. Changing stuff, expirimenting. Best way to learn scripting is by failing

Read the wiki, use modular layout (as in separate systems, not enums from arrays), use tested solutions, be open minded, try stuff yourself before you ask in this subforum, learn to ******. Play with code, don't copy&paste, try to understand what the hell are you doing first. Pretty much it.