streamed in paused players facing north

Title says it all. When a player streams in for another player and they are paused they will be facing north (0.0) until they unpause then their facing angle is updated properly for other players.

That's because paused players don't send data to the server. That's the reason why AFK systems are able to detect when a player AFK's - OnPlayerUpdate stops being called. Simply, it's meant to be this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
That's because paused players don't send data to the server. That's the reason why AFK systems are able to detect when a player AFK's - OnPlayerUpdate stops being called. Simply, it's meant to be this way.
GetPlayerFacingAngle returns the correct angle of the player, not 0.0. So I wouldn't say it's meant to be this way.

It returns last received angle I believe.

Yeah so if GetPlayerFacingAngle returns the correct angle there's no reason for the player to be facing north paused or not.

Er.. seems to be criticel

Sorry for bump
I actually wondered if someone have a solutions

OnPlayerUpdate will not be called for paused players. So you can use the last received angle update of the player.
pawn Code:
new
    Float:g_PlayerLastAngle[MAX_PLAYERS];

public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid) {

GetPlayerFacingAngle(playerid, g_PlayerLastAngle[playerid]);
    return 1;
}

//if player is paused, use the last received angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzy
View Post
pawn Code:
//if player is paused, use the last received angle.
Read the thread, that is what already happens... If you GetPlayerFacingAngle on a tabbed player, you get the last known angle...

That's not a bad plan to keep tabbed players that are tabbed for a long time out, but if a player has simple packet loss they'd end up being thrown into the VW. That is if you don't do a minimum of 5 seconds or so tabbed to make sure they are indeed tabbed.

I don't really see how this is a problem. Are you really able to set the world for a paused player? Will the player not stay in the current world until the next update / unpause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFusion
View Post
I don't really see how this is a problem. Are you really able to set the world for a paused player? Will the player not stay in the current world until the next update / unpause?
Virtual Worlds are handled by the server, the client doesn't spread any of that data to the players himself.

edit: Oh dear god sorry, forgot the date :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
My friend, did you find a solution to the problem?

Can people stop bumping this topic, seriously. Why is it such an issue that the topic needs to be bumped every couple of months?

It's a SA-MP problem that won't be fixed because it's not an issue. Case closed.