Objects on random position.

Hello!
It's possible to create objects on random map?

For example, I have object 3026. I want to create this object 3026 on random positions?
Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HY
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello!
It's possible to create objects on random map?

For example, I have object 3026. I want to create this object 3026 on random positions?
Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
I guess yes, and if I'm right, it's the same way you do to set random player positions.

Just create an array which contains the coordinates that you want the object to spawn randomly on and use the random function to get a random position in the array.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoo
Посмотреть сообщение
I guess yes, and if I'm right, it's the same way you do to set random player positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique
Посмотреть сообщение
Just create an array which contains the coordinates that you want the object to spawn randomly on and use the random function to get a random position in the array.
I know this, lol.
I mean, to spawn object in any place of map.
For example, object 3026 will be spawned in San Fierro at Docks, but I don't want to save position, just random.

Hi, yes thats possible and do such stuff in my gamemode. All you have to do is to fetch the Z pos. For this you need Kalcor's MapAndreas. You can randomize the X and Y coords (random function) and insert them to find the Z coord using the above MapAndreas plugin. Use the three coords to create the object.

NOTE THAT:
- The object might be created anywhere i.e you might need to add limits.
- Make sure that the randomized X, Y are within SA-MP's boundaries.

new rand[4];
rand[0] = random(3000);
rand[1] = random(3000);
rand[2] = random(300);
( rand[3] add random(2) if it's 1 => multiply rand[0] by 1 , if 0 multiply it by -1 )
SetObjectPos(theobject you created, rand[0], rand[1], rand[2]);
Send message to admins : format(string, 128, " Item spawned in %f, %f, %f coords.", rand[0], rand[1], rand[2]);
Good luck finding it, that's what you asked for ( random ) because you said you don't wanna make array that contains different ( real random position ) because random can spawn the object in the air, in buildings, in mountains ..

MapAndreas uses a lot of RAM, it's efficient, accurate, but too heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfie
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi, yes thats possible and do such stuff in my gamemode. All you have to do is to fetch the Z pos. For this you need Kalcor's MapAndreas. You can randomize the X and Y coords (random function) and insert them to find the Z coord using the above MapAndreas plugin. Use the three coords to create the object.

NOTE THAT:
- The object might be created anywhere i.e you might need to add limits.
- Make sure that the randomized X, Y are within SA-MP's boundaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golimad
Посмотреть сообщение
new rand[4];
rand[0] = random(3000);
rand[1] = random(3000);
rand[2] = random(300);
( rand[3] add random(2) if it's 1 => multiply rand[0] by 1 , if 0 multiply it by -1 )
SetObjectPos(theobject you created, rand[0], rand[1], rand[2]);
Send message to admins : format(string, 128, " Item spawned in %f, %f, %f coords.", rand[0], rand[1], rand[2]);
Good luck finding it, that's what you asked for ( random ) because you said you don't wanna make array that contains different ( real random position ) because random can spawn the object in the air, in buildings, in mountains ..

MapAndreas uses a lot of RAM, it's efficient, accurate, but too heavy.
Thanks both!