[Plugin] [REL] MySQL Plugin (Now on github!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcasio
Is there any reason as to why mysql_reconnect() returns the following: (two attempts)

[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect( Connection handle: 0 )
[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect() - Invalid connection handle. (You set: 0, Highest connection handle ID is 0).
[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect( Connection handle: 1 )
[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect() - Invalid connection handle. (You set: 1, Highest connection handle ID is 0).
You haven't even connected at the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAMo
What is the most effective way to UPDATE mysql from over 100 PVar's?
How would you structure it?
Depends. I'm sure at least 3/4 of those PVars aren't being changed frequently or aren't changed at all, so I would update them when they change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ЂЯĢ
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcasio
Is there any reason as to why mysql_reconnect() returns the following: (two attempts)

[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect( Connection handle: 0 )
[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect() - Invalid connection handle. (You set: 0, Highest connection handle ID is 0).
[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect( Connection handle: 1 )
[22:52:46] >> mysql_reconnect() - Invalid connection handle. (You set: 1, Highest connection handle ID is 0).
You haven't even connected at the first place?
I have, decided to just use mysql_connect if it's dead (which if often is due to filterscripts often being reloaded).

[00:37:33] CMySQLHandler::ProcessQueryThread(UPDATE `players` SET `last_online` = NOW(), `admin_level` = 0 WHERE `id` = 72, Resultid: 1) - Data is getting passed to OnQueryFinish() - (Threadsafe: Yes)

Any why this didn't get called in OnQueryFinish? Happens once an hour or so.

If you use mysql_close then it's obvious you can't use mysql_reconnect.

Quote:
If you use mysql_close then it's obvious you can't use mysql_reconnect.
Is that what happens when a filterscript is unloaded? There is no documentation on this anywhere.

Quote:

[00:37:33] CMySQLHandler::ProcessQueryThread(UPDATE `players` SET `last_online` = NOW(), `admin_level` = 0 WHERE `id` = 72, Resultid: 1) - Data is getting passed to OnQueryFinish() - (Threadsafe: Yes)

With a load of 150+ players threaded queries sometimes do not get called in OnQueryFinish. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

1. Do you use mysql_close() under OnFilterscriptExit?
2. How many different threads did you use? It's possible that you went over mysql server's connection limit.

How do i select something (Done):

pawn Код:
new string[256];
format(string,sizeof(string),"SELECT `password` FROM `users` WHERE `username` = '%s'", GetName(playerid));
mysql_query(string);
And then how do i check if thats the same as what the player typed?

You don't do it like that.
pawn Код:
new string[128];
mysql_real_escape_string(password,password);
format(string,sizeof(string),"SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='%s' AND password='%s' LIMIT 1", GetName(playerid),password);
mysql_query(string);
If query gets any result then password was corrent and if it's doesn't it wasn't. I also suggest you to use MD5 hash (if you don't hash passwords with anything else).
Код:
SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='%s' AND password=MD5('%s') LIMIT 1
And I also suggest you to use threads for all queries for better performance.

Why are you erm MD5 hashing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Torran C
Protection? Nobody wants his/her password to be displayed.

Quote:
Quote:
Protection? Nobody wants his/her password to be displayed.
Its not showing there password to anybody, Its seeing if it matches what they typed

Field (password): 4555c0928f443107d66461f99af5c756 (md5 hashed)
Now someone's input is 'mypass555'. If you want to compare you need to hash it of course.

No because when i create the account i dont hash the password

Quote:
You should do that. I don't think that your players would like that you (or anyone else) see their passwords in plain text.

Quote:
Quote:
You should do that. I don't think that your players would like that you (or anyone else) see their passwords in plain text.
Ok well does anyone know any tutorials or anything to teach me how to make a creating/getting/updating thing for this
Because i tried with this one tutorial and its not a very good one, Anyone help? Thanks

Like it shows me how to create, get and update and explains what it is ect

Visit w3schools to learn about basic MySQL commands. And also, aren't you using StrickenKid's MySQL plugin?

Quote:
Visit w3schools to learn about basic MySQL commands. And also, aren't you using StrickenKid's MySQL plugin?
Im trying everyones MySQL plugin, See which one i can get to work

Also: http://w3schools.com/sql/default.asp
That the one?

[b]I HAVE FINALLY GOT SOME OF IT TO WORK!

pawn Код:
public MySQLRegister(playerid, password[])
{
    new query[256];
  format(query, sizeof(query), "INSERT INTO `users` (userid, username, password) VALUES(0, \"%s\", \"%s\")", GetName(playerid), password);
    samp_mysql_query(query);
    return 1;
}

CMD:register(playerid, params[])
{
    if(isnull(params)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, colorRed, "Usage: /register [password]");

MySQLRegister(playerid, params);
    return 1;
}
Now for the login and il be on my way!

You should use ''''''''''''' not """""""""""""". Plus you should escape string to avoid sql injections.

Quote:
You should use ''''''''''''' not """""""""""""". Plus you should escape string to avoid sql injections.
Huh? XD
Anyway i got my register and login to work

Quote:
1. Do you use mysql_close() under OnFilterscriptExit?
2. How many different threads did you use? It's possible that you went over mysql server's connection limit.
Hi,

I do not use mysql_close() in the OnFilterScriptExit callback, however from testing I have observed that the connection is automatically closed when a filterscript is unloaded.

As for the amount of threads, I am currently just bringing in MySQL into the script, so there are only 3 threaded queries, 2 of which are called frequently. There are also a few non-threaded queries which are also called frequently.

Thank you for your help.

Show how frequently you trigger them, what those functions do, etc.