Anyone studying astronomy? Question about programming language

Interesting job, not such a well payed, in case if you're not working for NASA.
I did not study it, but I had a friend who did. You need to know a lot of physics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntaxQ
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey, I wanted to know, is c++ the programming language used by astronomers? Will C++ help me if I want to build a career in astronomy? Also if you're studying the subject, is astronomy real tough? I am a space lover and want to know if its good choice for making a successful career
Those who want to become successful don't spend their time on games and especially don't ask such questions on game forums. If you want to be serious about it, you gotta hit tons of books to even consider it a successful career the least.

What has Astronomy and Programming got to do with each other (xD). Seems like a pointless question and looks like you haven't bothered doing some research......

Quote:
Originally Posted by zT KiNgKoNg
Посмотреть сообщение
What has Astronomy and Programming got to do with each other (xD). Seems like a pointless question and looks like you haven't bothered doing some research......
Same, I'm wondering how is "C++" related with Astronomy. You might have to deal with some complex softwares, but I don't think, you'll have to face C++, not sure, tho'.

While you require computer science knowledgement to be a professional astronomer, it is not your first concern (or an important concern at this point). You will need to learn many complex subjects, which include but aren't limited to: physics (including all of it's branches like electrostatics, magnetism, gravity science), chemistry, mathemathics, geology, thermodynamics... A beautiful career.

Edit:removed

Actually for astronomy there is a stream called Astrophysics which will lead you to various sub parts of physics, chemistry, pure mathematics etc. and C++ is not necessary for that, after all, you are not going to code a planet or an universe.

Depends on your working field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
Посмотреть сообщение
Those who want to become successful don't spend their time on games.
Duh!
Wake up!