Can this

Can this install Windows X64 bit?

i installed more ram and dont ask why i want the X64 coz i have a good reason

That's ur 9999 thread about "Can this install x64 bit"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuun23
Посмотреть сообщение
That's ur 9999 thread about "Can this install x64 bit"....
i know but i need help srs

Yes you can it says x64 processor so you can. Although with less than 4GB of ram it's pretty pointless.

Yes you can...you have 64 bit processor...

But why does it say 3GB is usable
btw i hate my pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSMaX
Посмотреть сообщение
i know but i need help srs
Then don't make a new thread, Keep the previous one alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSMaX
Посмотреть сообщение

But why does it say 3GB is usable
btw i hate my pc
Because some of your RAM is allocated to the OS, also of course you can install a 64bit OS since you have a x64 based processor... Oh and on 32bit you're limited to 4GB max.. So it wouldn't really make any difference in programs.

Oh and if you're wondering why you're limited to 4GB RAM on 32bit. It's because 2^32 = 4294967296, so therefore a program can only reference 4 billion bits of data (4GB). And on a 64 bit OS you can reference 2^64 which is an unholy amount of theoretical space for a computer to use.

tl;dr - Yes

The actual limit on a 64 bit computer for RAM is either 72GB or 128GB (I do not remember the limit, but they have limited it for Windows even though it's capable of supporting more, I don't know why, nor do I remember where I read this)

But yeah, you could use 64 bit on that spec, meaning it would recognise more than 4GB RAM.

Although, I would honestly recommend upgrading that thing soon, Core 2 Duo's are ancient things.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=system+requirem...ndows+7+64+bit