Does anyone know (SA Maps)

Now I've been wondering lately about how I (or anyone else) would go about creating a Map for GTA:SA, but I have no idea where to start, what to do and really just asking if anyone knows how to.

General Questions:
  1. Optimal Size
  2. Tools
  3. Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by zT KiNgKoNg
View Post
General Questions:
  1. Optimal Size
  2. Tools
  3. Tutorials
Size can be as big as you want it to be really. If you have over ~250 objects make sure to use a streamer, preferably Incognitos.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=282801 - Wayyy better than MTA besides a few small pet peeves I have with it.

I wouldn't recommend any tutorials for mapping. Other than camera movement and object placing, which you will get used to easily. Best thing to do is use your own imagination, don't copy what other people are doing, you'll learn how to make better maps over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
View Post
Size can be as big as you want it to be really. If you have over ~250 objects make sure to use a streamer, preferably Incognitos.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=282801 - Wayyy better than MTA besides a few small pet peeves I have with it.

I wouldn't recommend any tutorials for mapping. Other than camera movement and object placing, which you will get used to easily. Best thing to do is use your own imagination, don't copy what other people are doing, you'll learn how to make better maps over time.
I don't think you know what I'm on about... But in any case, I was referring to Visual Maps like the default SA Map (ESC->Map)

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=432706

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroZeus
View Post
Please read my second post on this thread, seen as you haven't clearly read it enough. I wasn't asking for something to create a Web Based map, I'm looking for a tutorial, Tool and specifics on an In-Game map..... As specified "I was referring to Visual Maps like the default SA Map (ESC->Map)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zT KiNgKoNg
View Post
Please read my second post on this thread, seen as you haven't clearly read it enough. I wasn't asking for something to create a Web Based map, I'm looking for a tutorial, Tool and specifics on an In-Game map..... As specified "I was referring to Visual Maps like the default SA Map (ESC->Map)"
You need to go to a San Andreas modding community. There is no way to make such a thing server side, which is all this forum is about, so you will need to mod the GTA SA game files to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconianGamer
View Post
You need to go to a San Andreas modding community. There is no way to make such a thing server side, which is all this forum is about, so you will need to mod the GTA SA game files to do it.
That's right.
While I was playing on P-LA, they had a official map modification made by Cody McAdam.

You had to modify your game to use it though.

You could try with gangzones for a server-side result.

Have any of you tried reading any of this? I'm not asking for a server-side script, I'm ask if anyone here knows how to create a MAP (Visual Map Map), Seen as you all seem to be hell bent of informing me about stuff I already know...... If i wanted help about server's, script's and so on I'd post them in the correct sections.

- Lock this (Most of the people who posted, have no idea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconianGamer
View Post
This. The forums are meant for SA-MP related things, not single player modding.