Best OS

What OS is best for server ??

Well, I'd say Linux because if you use a VPS it uses alot less resources and IPtables is really nice.
And because you save more resources you have to invest less than in a Windows one.

CentOs 6.

If it's on a VPS then I'd go with the advise of Linux.

For windows you need a license (costs money).

--

In terms of performance there's no real notable difference (especially on SA-MP), however with VPS packages you are more likely to get more for your money with Linux.

Either way, go Linux. Windows isn't as secure and Linux is easier on resources.

Linux is Best in my opinion, i use Linux on my VPS.

You will get more out of your resources in general using Linux, as it uses less than Windows. However, if you do not have any knowledge it can be quite the challenge compared to a windows server, the key things with Linux are, make sure you keep your root password and all other passwords secure. I personally use SSH Keys on my server, so in order to login you need the SSH key and a password linked to that key.

As long as you secure it you'll be fine. My current Linux OS is as followed:
CentOS 6.6 x64 with cPanel.

debian 7 minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smally
Посмотреть сообщение
You will get more out of your resources in general using Linux, as it uses less than Windows. However, if you do not have any knowledge it can be quite the challenge compared to a windows server, the key things with Linux are, make sure you keep your root password and all other passwords secure. I personally use SSH Keys on my server, so in order to login you need the SSH key and a password linked to that key.

As long as you secure it you'll be fine. My current Linux OS is as followed:
CentOS 6.6 x64 with cPanel.
CPanel blows, it's better to manually install the LAMP stack and secure it yourself.

CentoOS 6 64-Bit is my chooise but all Linux OS's Are Nice.