What do you think of a Last Man Standing Survival type server?

We are planning to bring a gamemode and a server where 10-30 players join and try to be the last one alive. This would not work like a regular survival gamemode nor like a regular deathmatch gamemode. It would work like Survivor Gamez in DayZ and like Battle Royale in ArmA III.

It would be round-based and competitive. And we would probably implement weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards both on server and the website, and the best could be rewarded with some symbolic things, such as forum titles, sprites, custom avatars, special discounts, etc.

Precisely how it would or could work:
There would be preparation phase for 3, 5 or 10 minutes and until at least 10 players join, maximum would be 30 or 50. Then players would be dropped off from a plane, and it is up to them where to land. The map would be limited to a certain large area, such as area around Mount Chilliad, Tierra Robada, custom island or LV desert. Players would have to find body armor, clothes, helmets, weapons, medical kits, etc. 3-5 minutes in a circle would appear to limit the play area. Every 5 minutes the play area would get smaller. We might be even thinking of adding random air strike zones. But it is all up to a beta test where we will have to find a balance, as it is impossible to guess how things are going to play.

I have not seen something like this in SA-MP yet. Currently we are busy with another project, our scripters and most of our developers are, but, if we find someone able to script, I will take my spare time to help out, for sure. So, this project will happen, we just don't know when, and we don't know exactly how will it be executed (the plan may change completely).

I'm here for these very questions:
What do you think?
Good or bad?
Granted to succeed or doomed to fail?
Would you join and play?
Concerns?

And, please, don't hesitate to criticize anything.

Yes, yes and more yes. I would get stuck into something like this.

It's a great idea, and as long as it isn't too much like DayZ it'd be fairly original too!

I reckon you would have a good shot with it, and I'd defiantly come along and have a go.

more than one room to play with or some other thing to do bedsides that because when we day we don't want to spec the other peoples games but we can if we want to.
Another thing is the variarity of the maps you need a hell lot of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoraivoso3
Посмотреть сообщение
more than one room to play with or some other thing to do bedsides that because when we day we don't want to spec the other peoples games but we can if we want to.
That's a good point actually.

Maybe when people die they get put into a MiniGames part of the gamemode? Stuff like TDM or a race, just to harness their skills a bit.

Yeah, you should like when we get killled transfer us to a DM/TDM mode to practice and sharpen out our skills

I released a primitive version of your idea in 2011, I always thought it was really fun, but you have to solve certain problems, like giving dead players something to do instead of spectating the remaining players!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

May I suggest my Island for this? I made it for this exact purpose. I'm trying to expand now, but the process is slow. Anyway, I hope it helps...

People don't like round-based servers as much as other server types, and there are good reasons why.

Think about when your server is just starting out - if you have to wait 10 minutes for 10 players to join before a round can start, do you think any of those first few players are going to stay? Of course not.

And what about when somebody wants to join in the middle of a round? Are they going to wait 10-20 minutes spectating a game before they can actually play?

All of these are good ideas but it's hard to get players to join round-based games, especially when there is a high minimum player requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSwezVotra
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, yes and more yes. I would get stuck into something like this.
Well, that is definitely nice to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoap
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a great idea, and as long as it isn't too much like DayZ it'd be fairly original too!

I reckon you would have a good shot with it, and I'd defiantly come along and have a go.
Well, we are planning to make it more-less a hardcore and competitive experience with leaderboards and rankings. Rather than it being a casual TDM server or a casual survival type.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, this is where we hit a wall. And I'm not sure uf we should go through it. Which is; we do want to make it fun, but we don't want it to be too casual. Now, thanks to you, we are considering multiple worlds on a single server - so several rounds can be played simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoap
Посмотреть сообщение
That's a good point actually.

Maybe when people die they get put into a MiniGames part of the gamemode? Stuff like TDM or a race, just to harness their skills a bit.
Maybe. Still, nothing too casual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSwezVotra
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, you should like when we get killled transfer us to a DM/TDM mode to practice and sharpen out our skills
Either that or have a possibility to play multiple rounds simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admantis
Посмотреть сообщение
I released a primitive version of your idea in 2011, I always thought it was really fun, but you have to solve certain problems, like giving dead players something to do instead of spectating the remaining players!
I will check that out, thanks. And, yes, instead of kicking players out of the server we are planning to give some kind of content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
May I suggest my Island for this? I made it for this exact purpose. I'm trying to expand now, but the process is slow. Anyway, I hope it helps...
Currently we will be settling on Tierra Robada (with Bayside), but we will probably have multiple maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution
Посмотреть сообщение
People don't like round-based servers as much as other server types, and there are good reasons why.

Think about when your server is just starting out - if you have to wait 10 minutes for 10 players to join before a round can start, do you think any of those first few players are going to stay? Of course not.

And what about when somebody wants to join in the middle of a round? Are they going to wait 10-20 minutes spectating a game before they can actually play?

All of these are good ideas but it's hard to get players to join round-based games, especially when there is a high minimum player requirement.
True. That is my biggest concerned. But thanks to the replies above I think we might have solved it. We will allow multiple rounds on multiple maps play at the same time.

Thanks for feedback everyone! I am taking these in concideration, and feel free to make more suggestions.