Nokia or Samsung? Which is better?

Hey folks!

I've seen many reviews on yahoo answers, many other forums. But, still I'm not satisfied. So, I'm asking you people, about 'What to buy?'. Nokia (Microsoft) or Samsung.

From Nokia, I refer to 'Lumia' series. Is Lumia series better than Samsung mobiles? I just want answer, 'Samsung' or 'Nokia Lumia'.

Thanks-in-advance.

Note: If moderators think, this is not a valid thread, then feel free to delete this.

I myself, want to buy! So, I'm asking.

I suggest you Samsung Galaxy S5 or Sony Xperia Z3, they are waterproofs and you may take selfies in the water :P

Better at what? Specs? You can find that out yourself.
The rest has to be judged by you and just you - what design to you like better, what OS do you like better? We can't tell you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyX
Посмотреть сообщение
I suggest you Samsung Galaxy S5 or Sony Xperia Z3, they are waterproofs and you may take selfies in the water :P
I don't want that things, I just want performance, Lumia or Samsung? I think, Lumia is better. But, still I'd like to hear others opinion about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
Посмотреть сообщение
Better at what? Specs? You can find that out yourself.
The rest has to be judged by you and just you - what design to you like better, what OS do you like better? We can't tell you that.
Sorry for the double post.

Well; I just want to know, 'which is better' - it has a simple answer "Samsung" or "Nokia Lumia". I just wanna know that, is Lumia worth buying, or it is better than the plastic carps of Samsung.

I have Galaxy Note 2 which is supposed to be high end phone, but after a little use it starts to lag.
I also have a low end Lumia 530, and it never lags. Windows Phones personally looks more stable to me.

If you look for performance, go with Lumia, if you want many Apps go with Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyX
Посмотреть сообщение
Water in your bath tub.
Waterproof phones are only resistant to non-salty water, to regular water, doesn't mean you can drown your phone every where you want to.

As for is "Nokia" or "Samsung" better I'd choose Samsung because Samsung gives you a better phone experience than the Lumia, there's a lot of functions which Lumia is missing out which I won't point out. The only flaw in Samsung phones is the look of it. All the models of Samsung are really the same, the only difference is either the size
or the width of the phone.

I myself prefer Xperia phones, of course phones like M2 Aqua, all the Z models, T3 and such. Comparing Sony to Samsung, Sony is a much better phone, when you compare two mid-ranged phones of Sony and Samsung, Sony runs everything flawless while Samsung has a lot of lag in games. (Experienced myself.)

In shortly, if you can only choose between Nokia and Samsung, choose Samsung, but if you have a wider range, get an Xperia.

I would personally go for a Samsung because Android is a lot more mature than Windows Phone - which means more apps, better support, etc.

But there are a ton of Samsung phones and you haven't given us any specific model or product line - there are cheap $50 Samsung phones and then there's the S5 (which is more on par with the Lumia range). It depends on your budget, style preference and whatever else - my advice would be to go into a phone shop and have a look at some phones rather than rely on the advice of people on the internet.

Remember at the end of the day they're all smartphones, and smartphones all do pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSwezVotra
Посмотреть сообщение
there's a lot of functions which Lumia is missing out which I won't point out.
What a useless comment - "I have an opinion but I'm not going to give my opinion in an opinion thread."

I have 2 friends which both went for a Nokia Lumia and have kinda regretted it as windows doesn't have as many apps as Android does, but overall they're happy with the perfomance they're getting with it. I think it was a 620, not sure, the one with 512 MB Ram and 1,4 GHz Quad Core CPU.

So if you're the kind of guy that's into apps and so on, then I'd say go for Samsung.

I prefer android than Windows, so Samsung if you are not looking for any other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-N-Z
Посмотреть сообщение
I have Galaxy Note 2 which is supposed to be high end phone, but after a little use it starts to lag.
Did you root it? If not do it, I have been using note 2 for years now and I have it rooted since after a month I bought it(and using Lollipop for like 2 months now) and I never felt it laggy.