Isn't this a great deal for a OpenVZ VPS?

What do you think?

Sure.

they actually want to sell their vps so they decrease price

Looks nice for me

I guarantee that VPS is going to be incredibly weak, I suggest you go with a more expensive and higher quality host.

"1 vCore @ 30%". Got to love the vague descriptions. 30% of what exactly? Also OpenVZ. Prefer Xen or KVM.

It's still preferable to rent a VPS @OVH.

What's the point exactly? If you are asking us if you should buy it, then answer is yes if you can live without one dollar per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWMPT
Посмотреть сообщение
It's still preferable to rent a VPS @OVH.
Honestly not sure why OVH's extremely sub-par virtual server offerings are looked up to so much around here other than for the reason that they're cheap.

Not sure why would you suggest him such a horrible service "OVH Classic VPS", it reboots randomly without given explanation from OVH, also I/O is capped at 21MB/s (probably oversold).

If you want to get something (cheap and stable) from OVH I'd go with Kimsufi servers, the prices/networks are great. Dealing with their support can be a pain, something you learn to live with, they provide their services so cheap as they don't really offer any support other than hardware failures (yes it can take up to 1 week to get your HDD replaced in case it breaks) as this allows them to cut employee costs. BTW Kimsufi lineups are extremely popular, so it can sometimes be hard to get them.

OT: These specs you posted are enough for hosting an IRC bouncer and probably a static website (served by lighttpd/nginx webserver).