Hardest part in making a new GM?

Making it is easy. Getting players is the hardest part.

Motivation. I've never actually worked on a server where I owned it, but i've always been the sole developer with a high management position. Unfortunately, people either slack off and get bored or just stand around and give orders, meanwhile you're doing their job because they won't do anything, and in these cases, you don't want to work.

Next one I do will be "owned" by myself, with help from friends and former staff at other places.

The scripting itself is the easiest part, really.

Like everyone says Motivation to stay and continue it.

Adding vehicles,objects,spawn points and anything that requires coords.
Because you have to be ingame which takes alot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenway
Посмотреть сообщение
Hardest part on make gamemode is making it unquie
You just need an open mind. I have a list about 500+ lines long of unique ideas which I haven't seen in any other gamemode. It goes from tiny things to massive game-changing ideas that people will WANT to see in a SA:MP server.
Just explore your mind a little bit and you'll get too it. One idea comes after another! You'll expand on one idea about 20 times and then it'll turn into something you want to script. Trust me

Mine, as everyone else has said, is motivation. The last time I played was June of last year. I always seem to be dragged back one way or another through scripting(have a 'need' for it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatPawar
Посмотреть сообщение
Continuing development with the same enthusiasm till the very end, something I've never managed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bible
Посмотреть сообщение
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIped
Посмотреть сообщение
same here...the things i do manage are usefull for new ideas though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm going to quote this. This happens with me everytime, and until I get motivated enough, I won't script.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendOfScripts
Посмотреть сообщение
Like everyone says Motivation to stay and continue it.
I'm on the train with these guys. I have the capacity to make anything I dream of but I always seem to get interested in other ideas and/or projects that I work on. I can make this advanced system which works really great and then get bored and do a completely new system on a different game. When I come back to the previous game I feel like making something from scratch again and so it continues forever like that.

Quote:
View Post
Continuing development with the same enthusiasm till the very end, something I've never managed!
This. Always puts me off

Also, getting co-ordinates.

Quote:
View Post
This is the reason I stopped my server. And if you ask me then the hard part of gamemode is I worked a lot on gamemode then I test it and it won't work

Quote:
View Post
True

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
IRL this is one of my biggest problems but with sa-mp, I just keep going. I don't know.. Actually seeing something working after I've scripted it just makes me want to keep going. I have a lot of ideas and I'm comfortable with sa-mp. I spend alot of hours just going in-game, driving around and collecting ideas and stuff. I may put some things to the side sometimes but then I focus on something else and then later on come back to where I got stuck and solve it.

Hardest part?

Hmm... scripting something I don't know how to script, I guess.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Then i'm afraid you don't like scripting/programming/or whatever it takes to continue the development.
I could script for days. IF i had the ideas and such. And that's my hardest part in making a new GM. I can't start because i don't have idea's

Motivation..

Motivation and editing a textured map.