Hardest part in making a new GM?

What do you find the hardest part in making a new GM?

For me it's definitely the saving/loading system, I'm so bad at it

Continuing development with the same enthusiasm till the very end, something I've never managed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatPawar
View Post
Continuing development with the same enthusiasm till the very end, something I've never managed!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
In before Y_Less says you need to use an existing system.

For me: Coordinates. I seem to remember a similar topic, though.
Quote:
View Post
And adding objects to already 7000+ objects -_-

Quote:
View Post
same here...the things i do manage are usefull for new ideas though.

Quote:
View Post
4char

Motivation, i've been dangling around making my own roleplay mode for the past 2 years and I have always stopped mid-work. Now after two years i've finally cleansed my mind and i've been developing a roleplay gamemode for over 3 months now without a day of break.

Adding an anti-cheat.

Anti-cheat is easy if you have an idea how to do it, there's also multiple anticheat tutorials that can give you an idea how to do it.

I find the biggest problem js to keep the entusiasm while you work with a script, sometimes i go off and play other games, then i loose the motivation to keep scripting.
Or while you've run into an obstacle you don't know how to pass in your script, then go off and do something else, it's kind of hard returning.

Quote:
View Post
I'm going to quote this. This happens with me everytime, and until I get motivated enough, I won't script.

Hardest part on make gamemode is making it unquie

Being Dedicated to the script...._. and not getting depressed at watching othet GM's and think..Oh fuck how the fuck ill do it?...happens with me...and then i start loosing interest...but m trying to make a cops and robbers and keep dedicated to it hopefully...to keep me stick at it... i get inspired from Kar..5 years strong <3

Having the motivation to keep on going for the long haul. I usually script in periods. Sometimes I script for a few weeks, and it can take months before I start again.

adding objects and vehicles when your map is created before
and when you're loading it with SAMP Map Editor , there's no vehicle
and actually you should guess all time
donno why it doesn't have that shitty feature

The saving/loading system is the hardest for me. I'm very enthusiastic about everything, but when I see that my saving/loading system keeps failing, I basically feel like giving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
The saving/loading system is the hardest for me. I'm very enthusiastic about everything, but when I see that my saving/loading system keeps failing, I basically feel like giving up.
Exactly what is happening to me right now, everything is so nice but the saving system is screwing me over.

The hardest part is making sure nothing is exploitable, and that there are no major security holes within the script.

Oh, and also making sure you have ALL the commands an admin / player will need during run-time.

There are a lot of posts in here about lack of motivation, and my team and I are currently going through this and we don't know how to deal with it. We're working on a really cool project, but the issue is that we've done all of the fun parts and are now left with the boring and long parts that we don't want to do. We are motivated by the fact that we know we'll have something awesome in the end, but it's not enough for us to want to sit down and get through the crappy parts. Does anyone have any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
There are a lot of posts in here about lack of motivation, and my team and I are currently going through this and we don't know how to deal with it. We're working on a really cool project, but the issue is that we've done all of the fun parts and are now left with the boring and long parts that we don't want to do. We are motivated by the fact that we know we'll have something awesome in the end, but it's not enough for us to want to sit down and get through the crappy parts. Does anyone have any tips?
It helps if you have your team split between the system. For example, a vehicle system - can be split between the workers. One person working on saving / loading, another on runtime operations, etc. If that makes sense...

For me is organization structure.