samp.bans doesn't exist

ok so this is stupid but I can't find a "samp.bans" file anywhere.
neither on the download link the sa-mp.com website provides.

any way to create it or get it? xD

You need to ban somebudy to get the samp.ban file ...
if you didnt ban anyone ,that mean there is no ban so samp.bans not exist..

It's 'samp.ban', and it can be located in the server folder after you banned someone in-game using the /rcon ban, or if with /ban command if it haves the following code:

pawn Код:
BanEx(giveplayerid, "Banned by Administrator");
where giveplayerid is the banned playerid from your /ban command.

I tried banning myself via console, but that didn't create the file either.
EDIT: Oh, lol.
Now it's just named "samp" xD

If you're on Windows, it's likely hiding the extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're on Windows, it's likely hiding the extension.
Yeah, I just now noticed the file.

But now I (think) have another problem.
"BlockIpAddress" doesn't work.
I don't get timed out, I don't get the "You're banned from this server" message, AND there's nothing in the "samp bans" file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyance
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I just now noticed the file.

But now I (think) have another problem.
"BlockIpAddress" doesn't work.
I don't get timed out, I don't get the "You're banned from this server" message, AND there's nothing in the "samp bans" file.
That function only holds the IP bans in memory, it isn't for storing bans. If you're using it locally, then 127.0.0.1 is likely whitelisted somewhere by default therefore not causing you to disconnect. Do keep in mind that params for that function are '(ip_address[], timems)' - the time is in milliseconds, and the function doesn't kick, it only blocks the IP and the client will only attempt a reconnect after a set time(probably 5-10 seconds) set in the client application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
That function only holds the IP bans in memory, it isn't for storing bans. If you're using it locally, then 127.0.0.1 is likely whitelisted somewhere by default therefore not causing you to disconnect. Do keep in mind that params for that function are '(ip_address[], timems)' - the time is in milliseconds, and the function doesn't kick, it only blocks the IP and the client will only attempt a reconnect after a set time(probably 5-10 seconds) set in the client application.
Yeah, I know about the params, also, wiki says that;
Players that are online on the specified IP before the block will timeout after a few seconds and, upon reconnect, will receive the same message.
Well, I hope it's the "127.0.0.1" whitelist thing then -- thanks xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyance
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I know about the params, also, wiki says that;
Players that are online on the specified IP before the block will timeout after a few seconds and, upon reconnect, will receive the same message.
Well, I hope it's the "127.0.0.1" whitelist thing then -- thanks xD
Due to the fact that the server application is blocking that connection via the aforementioned function being called, you'll get the standard timeout message as if you were to just disconnect from the Internet entirely. It's not doing anything special to close the connection to the client, it's just blocking the IP and stops further communication - the client handles what happens after that which is disconnecting and attempting a reconnect after whatever time is configured in the client application.