MySQL server on linux or wondows ?

Hello guys.
I will make new server with basic with MySQL system.
On VPS , Better OS is Linux or Windows for running SA-MP Server with MySQL ?

It really doesn't matter.

But, If you are more used to Windows it'll be a lot easier to setup and manage.

Some people will tell you Linux is more efficient but when it comes to SA-MP there's no real noticeable difference.

On linux i need what for runing MySQL server ?
On Windows i nedd what for for runing MySQL server ?

Sorry for my bad english

On linux, you have to install MySQL server. There are plenty of tutorial about doing this.
On windows, You can install a software like XAMPP or WAMP.

I prefer windows over others because it's easy to manage as NoSoap said.

What nonsense. The only thing you need to set up a MySQL server is, surprisingly, the MySQL server! Once the server is set up any client can connect and management is pretty much the same on both platforms. I would even argue that it's easier to set up on Linux. Practically the only thing you need to do is:
Код:
apt-get install mysql-server
and you're pretty much done. Whereas on Windows you need to go the download page, select the proper version, download that version, sit through the entire installation procedure, blah blah blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
What nonsense. The only thing you need to set up a MySQL server is, surprisingly, the MySQL server! Once the server is set up any client can connect and management is pretty much the same on both platforms. I would even argue that it's easier to set up on Linux. Practically the only thing you need to do is:
Код:
apt-get install mysql-server
and you're pretty much done. Whereas on Windows you need to go the download page, select the proper version, download that version, sit through the entire installation procedure, blah blah blah.
and after you've installed the server, it's gonna be a pain in ass for people who's new into this. Best way is to install PHPmyAdmin if you don't wanna do all the stuffs over the console.

Depends to be honest if you have no experience with linux I'd wait and get experience by testing it for a few months and getting use to the system so you don't mess up a production server and possibly leave it vulnerable to hackers.

Linux is the best to save your resources and let you use your resources as much as possible. I'd recommend CentOS out of any OS as it has loads of tutorials to help you with this and if you do decide to use linux make sure to use mySQL's official repo's for the latest updates and includes all the needed libs even 32bit ones http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/repo/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky™
Посмотреть сообщение
and after you've installed the server, it's gonna be a pain in ass for people who's new into this. Best way is to install PHPmyAdmin if you don't wanna do all the stuffs over the console.
As if phpMyAdmin is the only management system. Please. Hosts provide this for convenience but that doesn't mean you have to use it. There are other standalone clients available, such as MySQL Workbench (example screenshot tunneled over SSH), oftentimes with more features than phpMyAdmin.

And oh, using the console is sometimes (though rarely) more efficient. By chance, I uploaded a new version of MaxMind's IP database to my server today. Some 100,000 rows which phpMyAdmin simply would not import. The console command did it in 5 seconds.

So I think Windows is better for MySQL server .
Because easy for setup/menage.

Thanks for your suggest all.
I will rep+ all of you.

Sorry for my bad english

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomMancer
Посмотреть сообщение
So I think Windows is better for MySQL server .
Because easy for setup/menage.
Not really.