decahost.com help

Hello,i want to host a server of mine in this hosting website : www.decahost.com
I want to make a roleplay server but i don't know how much resources i need for it to run:

I can choose up to 16 GB of RAM,16 Ghz CPU,1000 GB HDD and 100 Mbps NET.Could anyone suggest me what's good?

RAM is pretty essential.

At the end of the day, it depends how many slots you want.

You don't need much HDD space (in-fact SAMP takes up hardly any, but you might want something else on there).

I'm guessing this is a VPS too?

I'm getting 200 slots and yes,i think it's a VPS.

It looks a basic plan, but for that price, I'll definitely buy it.
However, you will not be able to handle 200 players with those specifications, looks more like handling 50 players.
If you have a complex gamemode, I suggest you to buy a Linux OS VPS from OVH. It costs around $3-4 monthly and you get great performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N3X
Посмотреть сообщение
It looks a basic plan, but for that price, I'll definitely buy it.
However, you will not be able to handle 200 players with those specifications, looks more like handling 50 players.
If you have a complex gamemode, I suggest you to buy a Linux OS VPS from OVH. It costs around $3-4 monthly and you get great performance.
I just moved out of OVH cause my VPS was always going offline and all my complains were denied to be solved.
I would recommend you iperweb, I had my vps with them for more than a year and it was really rare to have any issue!
http://my.iperweb.com/cart/overzold/&step=0

They're italian, so you should like them even more than I did

For that price, it's a great plan.
Anyway if you're going to host a 200 slots, you might need atleast 1GB of ram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mati233
Посмотреть сообщение
I just moved out of OVH cause my VPS was always going offline and all my complains were denied to be solved.
I would recommend you iperweb, I had my vps with them for more than a year and it was really rare to have any issue!
http://my.iperweb.com/cart/overzold/&step=0

They're italian, so you should like them even more than I did
Use their Cloud VPS instead a lot more reliable trust me on that.

Anyways unless you're a really good scripter at 200 players you're likely going to be using up quite a bit of CPU unless you're very experienced in optimizing. I'd also suggest about 20-30mbps of port speed just so if you're downloading something you're not using all the resources and making your server extremely laggy.

Hello

An average server i host uses the following:

On peak of 150 players - 250mb ram but idles at 50-75mb
CPU is fine as on 1Ghz your looking at around 50% usage
10GB HDD is plenty since the average server is around 150mb with all plugins, gm, includes etc
10MB/s is plenty for SAMP unless your looking at running a download server off there as well.

overall should be fine. This is based on what i see via HTOP and TCAdmin on a linux server - It is also based on a 150 slot TDM server which we host which is almost always full.