Installing SA-MP on Windows 8 (Steam)

Hi guys, just having trouble installing the client on my new laptop. It runs Windows 8 and I finally legally bought GTA through Steam, and when it comes to selecting the directory I obviously change it to the Steam directory (which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) but the install button is still disabled and doesn't let me click it. Any tips to fix it?

Try and change the install directory, I don't get why it doesn't let you install it. I'm using Windows 10 TP (It's recognized by programs as windows 8.1, not too sure).
If it doesn't work you could try and use Windows 10 Technical Preview, it's good.

Hi,

Have you downgraded your SA-MP to V1.0?

That's the main cause of the box being greyed out.

Otherwise, recently the Steam Version was patched (and I believe it corrupted it's use with SA-MP), it might be worth checking that.

I downloaded the v1.0 patch, still doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone else got any fixes?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/669045-ii.../?p=1066437503

Try changing your installing directory. If it doesn't work try looking on ******* or just ****** your problem and look out for other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Leslie
View Post
I downloaded the v1.0 patch, still doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone else got any fixes?
Keep both patch in SA directory(1.0 & 4.0), steam one will be gta-sa and other one will be gta_sa. Use 1.0 for SAMP installation.

I suppose SA-MP has some problems with Windows 8.1, I have Windows 8.1 and I can't open pawno! My SA-MP Hosted tab doesn't open

Quote:
Originally Posted by [J]
View Post
Keep both patch in SA directory(1.0 & 4.0), steam one will be gta-sa and other one will be gta_sa. Use 1.0 for SAMP installation.
Finally got it installed. Thanks, did exactly what you said and it worked.

You own a copy, now download a normal version and use it.