Cannot detect SA:MP version. Aborting...

Ok, I've just reinstalled GTA:SA and SA:MP 0.3z-R2 client. Trying to connect to various servers. It doesn't react. Then I press to run server multiple times, but it doesn't react. Then I check my running processes window and I find loads of gta_sa.exe running. Ok, I close them all and try again. Sometimes I get this message:

When I get this message, gta_sa.exe runs! Well, it stops responding instantly showing a white screen, but at least it runs.

Tell me please, what's the problem, huh? Thanks

P.S. some people experience a similar problem over here:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=31179

Remove your cheats/mods

Don't have a single mod installed at the moment. Doesn't work...

Mabye the patch.

Try to download a crack?

Remove all instances of the game from your computer, including SA:MP, Uninstall it from your Control Panel, then check your Program Files to check the 'Rockstar Games' folder is deleted. Then re-install and go into properties on both GTA SA and SA:MP and check your running them as Administrator.

Thanks for some informative instructions, zLucifer. Though it didn't help.
The response has transformed a bit. Sometimes (I would say 1 out of 100) gta_sa.exe runs well to my surprise, sometimes (I'd say 1 out of 20) it opens a white screen and stops responding. And most of the time 'Connect to server' button does nothing but starts gta_sa.exe in the processes. I can't start another one gta_sa.exe by then as I get an instant crash message.

The problem persists

Are you tried to use compatibility mode with Win 98 / ME? Sometimes it helps.

Reinstalling Windows solved the problem

You just had to remove sampfuncs.asi

Reboot. Set your sa-mp directory in the client and don't start gta-sa.
Then try to uninstall by going to your control panel, all programs.

You can also try to upgrade your sa-mp version.
You obviously need gta_sa.exe and samp.exe to be not running while you do so.

You can fix this problem by removing the 'SAMPFUNCS.asi'' from your GTA SA DIRECTORY, then close SAMP and open it up again join any server and your problem should be fixed.