Flamethrower and messagesholelimit

This is not a 0.3.7 issue. However, It is a major issue. If a player is using a flamethrower they can easily excess the messagesholelimit (which was 1000 for me, increasing the limit helps, but some spikes can cause it to exceed any higher value aswell) I highly recommend this issue to be checked and patched if possible at the next RC.

I did not test the persistence of this at 0.3.7

The issue is OnPlayerGiveDamage is being sent when you put someone on fire. If you put a few players on fire, you will flood the server with those updates.

I think fire should be excluded from OnPlayerGiveDamage (only happen in OnPlayerTakeDamage). It would resolve the issue with players breaching the message-hole limit.

I'm guessing we don't even need 'OnPlayerGiveDamage' anymore because of synced skin damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
Посмотреть сообщение
The issue is OnPlayerGiveDamage is being sent when you put someone on fire. If you put a few players on fire, you will flood the server with those updates.

I think fire should be excluded from OnPlayerGiveDamage (only happen in OnPlayerTakeDamage). It would resolve the issue with players breaching the message-hole limit.
Yes indeed, fire sources send way too many packets to the server. You can even do the demonstration of this by doing prints under that callback, the spam is outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm guessing we don't even need 'OnPlayerGiveDamage' anymore because of synced skin damage.
We need that Callback for melee damage, because OnPlayerWeaponShot dont handle them.
OnPlayerGiveDamage and OnPlayerTakeDamage are important for clientside requests.

OnPlayerGiveDamage for killing someone with a baseballbat or fists while the other one is on desktop.
OnPlayerTakeDamage for request if someone got damage clientside like falldamage, hit by car or rotors.