IKM Assessments

Hey,

Have any of you had a IKM Assessment before? I have applied for a new job, and they want me to do a 2h test, which will check my PHP & MySQL programming skills. I am more worried about my PHP than MySQL, but still.. I am wondering, if any of you have ever done that kind of test before and is it hard to pass it. Maybe some piece of advice, before I start it?

Thanks.

edit://
I was doing some test for PHP over the internet, and I don't understand how's that:
Код:
echo 5 % 3;
echo 15 % 3;
echo 5 % 4;
echo 21 % 6;
Giving a single output of '2013' ?

Found out my problem about '%' which is a modulus, that I have NEVER used before in my programming life. Makes sense, why I didn't know.

You don't know what the modulo operator is... you're fucked.

just get a job cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't know what the modulo operator is... you're fucked.
I have even spoken about this with kurta999, he didn't know either how those modules were giving out 2013 output. I haven't really used them, since I didn't have to, but this is not the purpose of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
just get a job cleaning
Please.. do not describe me your future job.

@,
I have been invited for a first PHP Developer interview, and I've been told by them, that they are going to call me next day. They have actually called me 2 hours after meeting, and invited me for the second stage of the interview (next Tuesday), and I have been asked to do that test. That's the only reason, why I am asking, if anybody ever did that kind of test.

I have taken PHP Developer job, since I want to learn PHP more than I know already, and just to gain some IT Programming experience, to become once a Senior developer and go with Software developing.

The most important thing in your life, is to have your goals. First programming language I have started with, was PAWN when I was 10 years old I believe. And I am not going to stop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
Посмотреть сообщение
Please.. do not describe me your future job.
I actually work at supermarket, managing IT.

Quote:

@,
I have been invited for a first PHP Developer interview, and I've been told by them, that they are going to call me next day. They have actually called me 2 hours after meeting, and invited me for the second stage of the interview (next Tuesday), and I have been asked to do that test. That's the only reason, why I am asking, if anybody ever did that kind of test.

I have taken PHP Developer job, since I want to learn PHP more than I know already, and just to gain some IT Programming experience, to become once a Senior developer and go with Software developing..

Why would you take on a PHP developer job, if you know the basics. Seriously what's the point of them hiring you?
You could've atleast posted at a better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
I actually work at supermarket, managing IT.

Why would you take on a PHP developer job, if you know the basics. Seriously what's the point of them hiring you?
You could've atleast posted at a better place.
Junior PHP Developer, I want to learn and they are hiring them, money isn't bad, so that was my decision at this point. And yeah, probably I could've posted it at a better place.

It's not like, I know the basics of the PHP, I know OOP PHP and everything how it works, so I am going to visit a Head of IT at the company soon.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Junior PHP Developer, I want to learn and they are hiring them, money isn't bad, so that was my decision at this point. And yeah, probably I could've posted it at a better place.

It's not like, I know the basics of the PHP, I know OOP PHP and everything how it works, so I am going to visit a Head of IT at the company soon.
Basics is not good enough, they obviously want someone good enough in the language. I'm just saying to save you from further disappointment.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

OOP PHP is the basics basics basics basics basics. I'm gonna agree with Khanz and KingHual here, you simply don't know enough of the language to even be considered for the role of junior programmer.

Overall score: 48/54

Apparently, stronger in PHP than MySQL (not too good at MySQL optimazation ... )

Questions skipped: 3.

Such a shame, that people actually telling you right away, that you know nothing about PHP, since you haven't mentioned your skills yet. IKM tests, are paid tests which are really tough, I'd love to see people doing those tests one day, and see how it goes.

P.S
I got the job.

They have loved The Last of Us (SA-MP) project that I am developing, I have shown everything I have created since I was 10 years old.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Overall score: 48/54

Apparently, stronger in PHP than MySQL (not too good at MySQL optimazation ... )

Questions skipped: 3.

Such a shame, that people actually telling you right away, that you know nothing about PHP, since you haven't mentioned your skills yet. IKM tests, are paid tests which are really tough, I'd love to see people doing those tests one day, and see how it goes.

P.S
I got the job.

They have loved The Last of Us (SA-MP) project that I am developing, I have shown everything I have created since I was 10 years old.
> paid test
> must be hard

Example IKM test:

EDIT: