VPS Help

Wat OS is the best to host samp servers in a VPS ? CentOS or Linx or Some thing else ?

Help me plz. ty.

All same!

well... ty for ur reply i still dont understand ill try to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naresh
Посмотреть сообщение
Wat OS is the best to host samp servers in a VPS ? CentOS or Linx or Some thing else ?

Help me plz. ty.
CentOS = Linux

Basicly all OSes like Centos, Redhat are Linux. So you can either say: Linux or Windows.

For web hosting centOS is the best, for game hosting Debain is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxViper
Посмотреть сообщение
For web hosting centOS is the best, for game hosting Debain is the best.
Elaborate.

Where does Ubuntu goes

There are basically two Linux branches (I say basically because there are hundreds of distributions): RedHat based (RedHat, CentOS) and Debian based (Debian, Ubuntu). Both work equally fine and the choice is usually dependent on what you're used to. However, I find the package manager in Debian to be much easier to work with. Debian also does not enable SELinux by default and is therefor more open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironboy
Посмотреть сообщение
Where does Ubuntu goes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
There are basically two Linux branches (I say basically because there are hundreds of distributions): RedHat based (RedHat, CentOS) and Debian based (Debian, Ubuntu). Both work equally fine and the choice is usually dependent on what you're used to. However, I find the package manager in Debian to be much easier to work with. Debian also does not enable SELinux by default and is therefor more open.
Ubuntu does not consider itself part of Linux anymore.

It's actually GNU + Linux.

Everything depends on what you will use it for...but for average hosting needs (Web,Game,TS,etc...) it always finish with what you are more used to...if you are used to Ubuntu than use it, you will set it up much faster than using centOS (And other way around). If you are new comer than i guess you shall try several VM's on localhost and see which one you like most...

My personal choice atm. is Ubuntu, great support and its developed on commercial level while still being free. People that are longer around hosting dedi/vps will probably tell you to go for centOS, its lightweight, secure and simple...it was best linux os for hosting for many years... Like i said above, now its just what you like better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjv
Посмотреть сообщение
Basicly all OSes like Centos, Redhat are Linux. So you can either say: Linux or Windows.
RIP mac bsd and anything else unix

But you need to find a UDP/TCP DoS/DDoS protected hosting.

I may suggest CentOS or Debian.