[Plugin] ColAndreas - (Released)

Developed By:
[uL]Slice
[uL]Chris420
[uL]Pottus

New thread maintained by Crayder

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=586068

good job.

Wooow awesome Pottus, i love this plugin gonna use it on all of my projects! Rep +3. Tought you wasnt going to release this, im surprised, congrats for uL clan. Hope that motivated people help you to finish this!

@edit: the plugin will support objects movements (MoveObject)?

I love you man

I thought you wasn't gonna release it! Amazing, excited! (Disappointed at the same time, and I have no clue why. I've been sick all day, maybe that's it... :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0minal
View Post
Wooow awesome Pottus, i love this plugin gonna use it on all of my projects! Rep +3. Tought you wasnt going to release this, im surprised, congrats for uL clan. Hope that motivated people help you to finish this!

@edit: the plugin will support objects movements (MoveObject)?
Maybe in the future if someone can come up with a good way to step the simulation but syncing server sided physics wouldn't give good results for clients. You can update the position/rotation of a collision object but it needs a bit more work.

Id love to help you with that, but Im also low on time. You might already know that as I still havent fixed the mapandreas issue we talked about months ago

Great to see that you guys decided to release it however, this fills the great "knowledge gap" the server had about the ingame map, allowing MUCH more client-focused features.

Where is the source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik
View Post
Where is the source?
That was a bit demanding... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik
View Post
Where is the source?
Theres no source/download yet, he will edit the topic with download links when somebody help him to finish the plugin (Release Development as you can see)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus
View Post
Maybe in the future if someone can come up with a good way to step the simulation but syncing server sided physics wouldn't give good results for clients. You can update the position/rotation of a collision object but it needs a bit more work.
Yes, i was thinking about this on OnObjectMoved but it really should desync a bit, i will think in something else...

@Edit: What about if you hook the MoveObject function, then you can update the colision stuff before moving object, it should take some miliseconds more to move an object but colision should be synced maybe?

Seems good.

Nice

The function detects collision in vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTHE
View Post
Nice

The function detects collision in vehicles?
No. Search for the other ColAndreas topic, you'll love it! It's pretty much 3D mapandreas with all directions!

Nice!

So using the remove building function will act just as RemoveBuildingForPlayer and won't crash players if they reconnect after timing out ?

Or does it only affect the online players ?

You do it before initializing the map then it will ignore creating collision for those objects.

Could you please upload the source code so we can help you developing the plugin? i have some really nice ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBored
View Post
Could you please upload the source code so we can help you developing the plugin? i have some really nice ideas.
I don't think that's the point of this thread. I'm pretty sure he stated that he is here for development of the 'User-Friendly Installer'.

The plugin development is not in consideration, it's release is. To be released it needs an installer, user friendly as stated.

Quote:
Road Map
Create an file extractor to extract collision files/ide/ipl files
Polish binary builder program
Review base code
Publish as a public github project

As you can clearly see, after the installer (extractor) is created and stuff, it will be a public project.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Interesting project

So, it finally got released. You have really put some efficient effort on this plugin. I would like to see the source code and a proper documentation, for learning purposes.