Suggestions / Bug Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
Посмотреть сообщение
(Ididnt read the comments in this post)
FIx for SelectObject to Non-Collision objects!
It was fixed in the first RC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP 0.3.7 RC1 Client/Server update

- SelectObject() function can select objects that have no collision.
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI
Посмотреть сообщение
What about a response ID 3 named EDIT_RESPONSE_HOVER for OnPlayerEdit(Player)Object ? (or another callback for hovering) So we could for example display some informations as a 3DText or change the material to red for the hovered object ID ? It would be really useful for houses items. The displayed informations when we hover an object aren't enough, we should be able to add our custom details. I need this (and I am sure others need it too) because SelectObject is really hard to be used when there are objects close to another, and the selection can be made wrong, and with additional informations (or even making the object red) we can select the object easier.
If there is a problem with the bandwidth when hovering on too many objects fast, maybe make that callback to be called only if the object was hovered for at least few milliseconds. A callback for that would be really really useful ! Now we don't really know what we are selecting if there are many objects near to each other, so this would be useful to make the object red (like in JernejL's map editor) and show object's name/position/rotation/etc. on hovering.

Also, it is only me, or sometimes in some mouse positions when I try to click on a selected object it simply doesn't work (like I didn't hover any object, but the object details are there) ?

Whilst you're doing work on sirens, sync the Mr Whoopee one!

Add a function to display the current scoreboard and remove the keystate so 'tab' can be used for custom menus.

Please!

Sync RC vehicles.
I mean that skin is staying in one position when I driving! - only my nickname driving with me, nothing else.

An option to disable a vehicles horn so we can use custom sounds.

pawn Код:
native TogglePlayerBikeFallOff(playerid, bool:toggle);
I know you can do this by yourself, but it's not good.

Additional vehicle options from GTA SA single player.

pawn Код:
explosion-proof
bullet-proof
fire-proof
damage-proof

engine state 'stalled'

wheel size float

body dirt level clean
body dirt level max

suspension height front left
suspension height front right
suspension height rear left
suspension height rear right

control over vehicles 'burn timer'

driving skill levels
Other
pawn Код:
Grey out mini-map

infinate run

lower cloud density
disable clouds

player is fire-proof
player is buullet-proof

disable hud

apparently dirt isn't accesible in gta SA v1.0. Fixed in SA v2.0.

When a player gets under the map and starts falling, the game sets their position to a fixed-set point. When this happens, It would be great if the server was informed about it.

A callback which has a playerid parameter and also gives us the coordinates of where the game is sending this player to would be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
Посмотреть сообщение
When a player gets under the map and starts falling, the game sets their position to a fixed-set point. When this happens, It would be great if the server was informed about it.

A callback which has a playerid parameter and also gives us the coordinates of where the game is sending this player to would be enough.
You can script that by simply watching for them to drop below the height of 0... That is after all, what triggers the replacement of the player on the nearest ped path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
You can script that by simply watching for them to drop below the height of 0... That is after all, what triggers the replacement of the player on the nearest ped path.
Although I can not know where the player will be put to. I also want to be able to prevent the player going there or even further, setting my own position for that.

If you have the array for all fixed ped paths I'm up for it. But if you don't, then what am I supposed to do? I need this for a server-sided position setting system, but because of this, it interferes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
Посмотреть сообщение
Although I can not know where the player will be put to. I also want to be able to prevent the player going there or even further, setting my own position for that.

If you have the array for all fixed ped paths I'm up for it. But if you don't, then what am I supposed to do? I need this for a server-sided position setting system, but because of this, it interferes.
You watch for the drop below 0, then watch for them being replaced up top... Then put them where you want...

S I M P L E... Don't need an array of paths, as all that is, is where they get teled to.

By knowing they dropped below 0, then ended up being teled up top, shows when the script should be picking up the tele and then, you can place them, where you want.

Same in that, you could use the same checking function of above 0, to get their last "good" position, and put them back to that spot, when they get teled.

But seriously... It's scriptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
That is quite simply, retarded. NPC's can do half of these things, so why the fuck must we rely on actor's? Kalcor is trying to fix bugs, he doesn't have time to be adding more things that can already be done!

Just use NPC's; Kalcor mentioned he was adding a "simple actor system" meaning SIMPLISTIC, and not full of unnecessary functions that serve no special value.
You are not Kalcor but you are retarded. You don't know what Kalcor will do, he don't fix bugs all time right? So he must spend sometimes to do somethings else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
Посмотреть сообщение
Civilians aren't actors, there's a huge difference between actors and npc's in GTA:SA... By the way would be good if Kalcor add GetPlayerTargetActor cause we can have them as targets in singleplayer, why not in multiplayer?
NPC'S are not a literal thing in GTA. Characters (and with that, the Player) and Actors are. Pedestrians are indeed actors, as I pointed out before. Have you ever explored the main.scm file? You can learn a lot from it.

Also in the main.scm you see that mission characters are also easily toyed with using actor functions. This is why I figured it'd be very simple to add better NPC natives (like I said above, it'd be a hell of a lot easier than our over complicated recordings and plugins).

I see how you can be mislead by the character vs actor thing though. I don't really know how to sum it up. Characters are actors internally, but are more controlled than the regular random ped actors. All of them can be controlled the same yes, but it's not that simple. Pedestrians are more umm, "thrown in" than mission characters. Players in SA-MP are handled more like characters, as well as NPC'S.

EDIT: About your GetPlayerTargetActor theory, you literally just pointed out what I've been saying. There are many actor features here that we do not have access to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
NPC'S are not a literal thing in GTA. Characters (and with that, the Player) and Actors are. Pedestrians are indeed actors, as I pointed out before. Have you ever explored the main.scm file? You can learn a lot from it.

Also in the main.scm you see that mission characters are also easily toyed with using actor functions. This is why I figured it'd be very simple to add better NPC natives (like I said above, it'd be a hell of a lot easier than our over complicated recordings and plugins).
You know what I meant, and I don't really care about their name inside of a game script, you should look it as Kalcor is doing in sa-mp:

Quote:

RC6- Adds simple static actor system. There are cases where it requires too much effort to create a new NPC, and you don't want to use up an additional player slot. The 'actor' system has been added for these cases. See a_actor.inc for a list of functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
Посмотреть сообщение
You know what I meant, and I don't really care about their name inside of a game script, you should look it as Kalcor is doing in sa-mp:
Which is why I said this:
Quote:

This is why I figured it'd be very simple to add better NPC natives

I'm not saying actors SHOULD be upgraded, but they can be. NPC'S however should have all of the features that more advanced actor control would give. NPC'S biggest downfalls are the slots and system power. The system power problem is mostly caused by NPC plugins. NPC plugins all rely on NPC'S main feature, recording and playbacks. Actor controls would eliminate the need for recordings thus eliminating the problem with plugins. With more advanced NPC controls we could create better plugins a lot easier and they would be so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not saying actors SHOULD be upgraded, but they can be.
Yes they can, and I think if Kalcor would do some huge upgrade on them it wouldn't be in end of some RC...

We already have GetPlayerCameraTargetActor, so why would you ask for GetPlayerTargetActor.

Just for making GetPlayerTargetActor relevant to player's function:
pawn Код:
#if ! defined KEY_AIM
        #define KEY_AIM 128
#endif
stock GetPlayerTargetActor(playerid)
{
        if(! IsPlayerConnected(playerid)) return false;

new target_actor = GetPlayerCameraTargetActor(playerid);
        if(target_actor != INVALID_ACTOR_ID)
    {
        new keys, updown, leftright;
        GetPlayerKeys(playerid, keys, updown, leftright);

if(     GetPlayerWeapon(playerid) >= 22 &&
                        GetPlayerWeapon(playerid) <= 38 &&
                        keys & KEY_AIM)
        {
                        return target_actor;
        }
    }
        return INVALID_ACTOR_ID;
}
Only works when aiming with a weapon at an actor. And actors should be upgraded because they are way more better than NPCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
We already have GetPlayerCameraTargetActor, so why would you ask for GetPlayerTargetActor.

Just for making GetPlayerTargetActor relevant to player's function:
pawn Код:
#if ! defined KEY_AIM
        #define KEY_AIM 128
#endif
stock GetPlayerTargetActor(playerid)
{
        if(! IsPlayerConnected(playerid)) return false;

new target_actor = GetPlayerCameraTargetActor(playerid);
        if(target_actor != INVALID_ACTOR_ID)
    {
        new keys, updown, leftright;
        GetPlayerKeys(playerid, keys, updown, leftright);

if(     GetPlayerWeapon(playerid) >= 22 &&
                        GetPlayerWeapon(playerid) <= 38 &&
                        keys & KEY_AIM)
        {
                        return target_actor;
        }
    }
        return INVALID_ACTOR_ID;
}
Only works when aiming with a weapon at an actor. And actors should be upgraded because they are way more better than NPCs.
I'm asking cause some people really care about that green arrow above them and for the accuracy which they judge perfect...

pawn Код:
native SetPlayerRadioStation(playerid, stationid);
native TogglePlayerRadio(playerid, bool:toggle);

native SetWaveHeight(Float:height);
native SetPlayerWaveHeight(playerid, Float:height);

native SetGameSpeed(Float:speed);
native SetPlayerGameSpeed(playerid, Float:speed);