SA-MP 0.3.7 RC (now released)

What is the limit number of actors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppeAC
Посмотреть сообщение
What is the limit number of actors?
1000 (MAX_ACTORS defined in a_samp.inc).

Thank you for the great update! At this point, I would rather like to see 0.3.7 release postponed little bit, if Kalcor would use the time to add few more functions to the actor system. Perhaps SetActorAttachedObject could be useful together with animations too?

Good to see, that SA-MP is bringing some game-play features recently!

Thank you for this amazing update. Glad to have something like SA-MP or else GTA:SA would be boring(MTA too xD)

I can already see dead bodies everywhere in roleplaying servers.

Thanks for this awesome SA-MP version

Glad to see this great RC version.

The new actors system seems promising.

i thirst thought the actor system would be like gta 2 action system where actors actually react on their envirement like this;

COP HATE CRIMINAL
CRIMINAL HATE COP

and they actattly 'act' on that

but this system seems good anyways

FINALLY, GTASA PEDS. THANK YOU KALCOR.

SA-MP just took a big step up. *look at how everything totally forgot about all the bugs that needs fixing though lol*

Either way, I hope the bugs with the actor system can be addressed before final release atleast.

Also, NPCS ARE NOT USELESS. NPCs are used for recurring and looping actions!

Trains, planes, around SA. ETC. NPCs ARE NOT USELESS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannesenn
Посмотреть сообщение
Can we put actors in vehicle(tram) and let him to drive(like NPC) ?
You should think a little bit about sync, an actor stopped doesn't need to send too much information for all players streamed with him, but, an actor in movement(driving, walking, passenger) needs to send him updated position many times per second, consuming bandwith, CPU, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uZ1
View Post
Actors are really cool but they are useless at the same time too because animations are not synced...
Comn, it's still in development. It isn't called "RC" for show.

I hope actors receive more functions that GTASA gives to them in later updates, but for now they are awesome (not considering the sync ofc)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
FINALLY, GTASA PEDS. THANK YOU KALCOR.

SA-MP just took a big step up. *look at how everything totally forgot about all the bugs that needs fixing though lol*

Either way, I hope the bugs with the actor system can be addressed before final release atleast.

Also, NPCS ARE NOT USELESS. NPCs are used for recurring and looping actions!

Trains, planes, around SA. ETC. NPCs ARE NOT USELESS.
NPC not useless? I am completely agree... they can interact with the gm with their own script, they can chat, send commands, use animations, receive messages, etc... and, of course, play records. Perhaps nobody looses time programming bots, but the possibilities are only limitated by your imagination. Actors are objects with human body for visual pleasure only.

Thank you for RC6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus
Посмотреть сообщение
NPC not useless? I am completely agree... they can interact with the gm with their own script, they can chat, send commands, use animations, receive messages, etc... and, of course, play records. Perhaps nobody looses time programming bots, but the possibilities are only limitated by your imagination. Actors are objects with human body for visual pleasure only.
They are not objects. They are literally actors. In GTASA all pedestrians and mission characters are actors. Your player is a character. SA-MP's NPCs are characters too.

Does GetPlayerTargetPlayer work on actors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie©
View Post
Very unfortunately - no. Nor does the new camera target function (based on players anyway), or OnPlayerGiveDamage, OR OnPlayerWeaponShot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
Very unfortunately - no. Nor does the new camera target function (based on players anyway), or OnPlayerGiveDamage, OR OnPlayerWeaponShot...
I really hope it will be added, aim for when player want to rob the shop actor and at least HIT_TYPE_ACTOR for weaponshoot callback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie©
View Post
That would be awesome to make actors put their hands up when you aim your weapon at them. Actor support in OnPlayerWeaponShot is also needed.