SA-MP 0.3.7 RC (now released)

Okay thanks for the fast reply guys.
Is there a hittype for OnPlayerWeaponShot or does it behave like BULLET_HIT_TYPE_PLAYER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
Посмотреть сообщение
They should't be faced as NPC's or players properly, you should face it as skin objects which you can apply anim, rotate and set position...
Do you think it would be possible with server-sided memory hacking plugins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexX39
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for answer

So the NPC become useless?
No, because actor is static so u can't make it move or put it into a vehicle etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanory
Посмотреть сообщение
Is there a hittype for OnPlayerWeaponShot or does it behave like BULLET_HIT_TYPE_PLAYER?
I think BULLET_HIT_TYPE_OBJECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you think it would be possible with server-sided memory hacking plugins?
Its possible even with pawn. I will show you example when 0.3.7 will be released officially (there are few issues to be fixed in RC6 with actors).

Using ApplyActorAnimation, many possibilities gets unlocked; like running, chasing players, and even attacking (provided you have appropriate animations for your purpose).

SUGGESTION: Please add GetActorAnimationIndex(actorid), very useful for detecting which anim is being run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanory
Посмотреть сообщение
Bullets are going through actors.

Nice!

Totally unexpected and really useful for a lot of servers! Is it be possible to detect if someone is aiming at an actor? That'd be great combined with anims for robberies. Lets hope that actors are the first step towards updating the entire NPC system (in 0.4).

EDIT:
Wouldn't IsActorStreamedIn(actorid, forplayerid) be more useful as a callback?

I wish actors could have some sort of native behaviours in the future, like attacking, following others, or just roaming around city, and stuff like that, just like in a single player. I always found current NPC system very limiting since it used recording and it took extra slot and recources. Also game has pre defined paths where peds can walk, so SA-MP could use that. I hope this will improve in the future versions.

a_actor include looks good, any video?

The actor system is definitely the best thing added in this version (although the other features were awesome also). Such a surprise! Thank you Kalcor. Hopefully this is indicative of a fully-fledged actor system in 0.4

If anyone's interested, I've tested and documented all the actor functions on the wiki: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Category:Actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
The actor system is definitely the best thing added in this version (although the other features were awesome also). Such a surprise! Thank you Kalcor. Hopefully this is indicative of a fully-fledged actor system in 0.4

If anyone's interested, I've tested and documented all the actor functions on the wiki: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Category:Actor
Thanks for wiki bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение

Good job for wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-N-Z
Посмотреть сообщение
I wish actors could have some sort of native behaviours in the future, like attacking, following others, or just roaming around city, and stuff like that, just like in a single player. I always found current NPC system very limiting since it used recording and it took extra slot and recources. Also game has pre defined paths where peds can walk, so SA-MP could use that. I hope this will improve in the future versions.
I think it's all just a huge RC system right now. I would love for all of the GTASA actor functions to be used!

Set/GetActorInterior is much needed. I don't see it in a_actor.inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirou123
Посмотреть сообщение
No need for that function, they don't need to see interiors to be there.

SS: http://noobot.info/uploader/image.php?di=FI7G

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirou123
Посмотреть сообщение
Why is it needed? They appear in all interiors, just like players and NPCs. Interiors don't affect players. You can just set their VW.

Thanks for new Actor system!
But very useful would be ChatBubble function:
Код:
native SetActorChatBubble(actorid, text[], color, Float:drawdistance, expiretime);
It function would be used in many situations where bots are not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC-52
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for new Actor system!
But very useful would be ChatBubble function:
Код:
native SetActorChatBubble(actorid, text[], color, Float:drawdistance, expiretime);
It function would be used in many situations where bots are not required.
You can create a 3dtextlabel over the actor.

Holy shit! At one point he says "SA-MP 0.3.7 is currently in feature lock-down. This will likely be the final RC testing phase for 0.3.7.", at the other moment he adds the most awesome feature yet! Thanks for the actor system!

It will be very useful, thank yourself, Thanks for the actor system!