Regarding hosting a server.

I have some questions about server hosting as I'm new to it, so please if you can answer them.

1.) I've read that some server hosts offer a free MySQL database, but I use Y_INI database for my server files.
Will I be able to use Y_INI instead of MySQL for the server?

2.) After I buy a server to host my script from, I'll get an control panel and from there I'll be able to upload my files(gamemode...) and so, correct?

3.) Will I have to upload the entire SAMP folder containing my gamemode, the database, includes, for the server to work or?

If you have any tutorial that shows exactly how it all works I would appreciate it immensely.

But my base question is how it all works, how do I upload files to the host, which files will I have to upload, etc..

1. Y_INI is mysql saving system (MYSQL SERVER is where you connect your samp server to database) SO yes
2. FTP (Filezilla is the best client) FTP is File Transfer Protocol, Ask your provider to give the right FTP details to you.
3. Only upload filterscript , gamemodes , plugins , and scriptfiles + the server.cfg (Your host depends if its windows you must .dll plugin needs to be placed in your plugin folder (Example: streamer.dll) and if its linux must be (.so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTerminator
Посмотреть сообщение
I have some questions about server hosting as I'm new to it, so please if you can answer them.

1.) I've read that some server hosts offer a free MySQL database, but I use Y_INI database for my server files.
Will I be able to use Y_INI instead of MySQL for the server?

2.) After I buy a server to host my script from, I'll get an control panel and from there I'll be able to upload my files(gamemode...) and so, correct?

3.) Will I have to upload the entire SAMP folder containing my gamemode, the database, includes, for the server to work or?

If you have any tutorial that shows exactly how it all works I would appreciate it immensely.

But my base question is how it all works, how do I upload files to the host, which files will I have to upload, etc..
1- If you can run a SAMP server, you can also use Y_INI, it requires no extra setup. Short answer: yes.
2- Short answer: depends on your host. Ask them.
3- Short answer: depends on your host. Ask them. Probably yes.

Most of the stuff depends on your host. If you're in doubt, ask them. They likely have a forum for you to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4MSUNG
Посмотреть сообщение
1. Y_INI is mysql saving system (MYSQL SERVER is where you connect your samp server to database) SO yes
2. FTP (Filezilla is the best client) FTP is File Transfer Protocol, Ask your provider to give the right FTP details to you.
3. Only upload filterscript , gamemodes , plugins , and scriptfiles + the server.cfg (Your host depends if its windows you must .dll plugin needs to be placed in your plugin folder (Example: streamer.dll) and if its linux must be (.so)
y_ini is not a MySQL saving system, it's a file based data read/write include.

OT:

It depends on the system you're purchasing. If you're buying a VPS, you can install up to the limit where as on game servers, most of them are already done. If you're buying a game server, you'd probably get a game control panel to control the server (Most of the guaranteed companies provide game control panels).

To run your script, you'll surely have to upload it's requirements whether it's all files, folders or plugins that are required to run the server with your script. There are many tutorials, you can find them if you're willing to search.

If you have a friend who knows and is experienced go to him and ask him to help you out with this.